API 312 Thread!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Paul :)

http://www.thediypill.phx.com.br/forumfiles/R312_SEMRELES.gif

text is:

FRONT VIEW
POSICAO A- OFF
POSICAO B - ON

USE TWISTED PAIRS FOR: 1&2 3&4 5&6

:guinness:
Fabio

Well, i'm going blind from opamps. (4x) 2*5*2*0BC + (6x) 1731. checking work on 2*5*2*0 BC 'visual inspection'. Haven't seen a close enough pic of someone's built BC board to be sure of a few things.

Fabio or anyone, could you say yes or no to these:

**Insulated wire goes from hole left of V- graphic (the one with white ring) to hole left of Q2
**Q4/Q5 = 1 x 80 or 82K resistor
**Did you all connect C5 above or below the PCB?

There are a few empty holes on these 2*5*2*0BC opamps:

**just below the printed 'C1'. On path between C1 (1000p) and C5. Don't see anything on schem that goes there...
**Also empty hole to the right of R9... to the right of the white ring, trace from R9 to V+. R9 should go right to V+ on schem so looks okay.
**GND pin to pre board is in, but hole next to it not connected. I see no ground on schem, only V+, V-, and O

Correct?

Related note: Gus suggested 'try TIP29 etc.' assume he meant for input pair, was thinking of doing another board or 2 with these... should i change anything in the layout to accomodate TIP29s, or slap em in there?

Thanks Rob, same method here.

Only thing not installed here is the jumper wire. So now i notice the empty holes. They worry me enough to not want to give it power yet.
But it all looks good according to schemo... and board markings.
Should there be any empty holes ?
Maybe easier for me to post pic of one of the opamps.

Should there be any empty holes ?
Maybe easier for me to post pic of one of the opamps.

IIRC there is empty holes when all is done. Let me confirm later at home so I can give you a right answer on that all...

Duka, I have this RC,CC values for OEP at home also, talk to you guys later...

:sam:
Fabio

alo
solved psu troubles,and fired up the api.
guess what?:no sound.
not even a little bit of smoke.
i get:+/-15vdc for 1731
5,1vdc
44,3v-phantom.
i have doubts about the relays.
i have put 4 relays,and on the board there is a hole named sw;what`s that?.
help
best regards
pedro

i have put 4 relays,and on the board there is a hole named sw;what`s that?.

look at schemo. relay RL_LINE switches between MIC_IN and LINE_IN.
See how POS and NEG goes to SW_LINE?
What i just learned about relays... switch turns the 5V power on or off to the relay. See SW_VCC on schem? There's one going to every relay circuit. That's 5v juice. So you flip the switch, the 5v goes from POS to NEG in relay, and causes relay to switch 'on'. Disconnect and it turns off. But 5v line stays separate from audio within relay.

Maybe you knew that? sorry if so.

To answer, my guess is 'SW_line' on PCB (hole w/ white square) goes to one side of SPDT to turn RL_LINE relay on/off. Next to it, 'GND' on PCB (white square) goes to other side of switch. Then mount SPDT next to 1/4 inch LINE_IN on box...

I'm twisting wires right now, that's how i planned to do it anyway.

follow lines on schemo...

that's how i planned to do it anyway
edit::::: i'm not using relays, so i'm not doing it that way.

But i think you should. If your 5v circuit there has no switch, then no juice. i think the relay will be closed???. maybe that's why no sound from MIC_IN.

Pedro and Paul,

SW_LINE is a pad to control MIC/LINE relay (RL_LINE). There´s no switch for that on the front of PCB so there´s a GND pad there next to the SW_POL and you need to drill anothe rhole in your front panel. If you stuff the relay don´t worry, the MIC position is the NC connection of relay, which means that the MIC input will go to transformer when the relay is off.

take a look, try to follow the tracks:
http://www.thediypill.phx.com.br/forumfiles/R312parts_rev3.pdf

If not using the relay you need to bypass RL_LINE. Do it connecting 1 to 5 and 2 to 6, according to this:
http://www.thediypill.phx.com.br/forumfiles/R312_SEMRELES.gif

Sorry for the lack of that info... :S

Duka,

I´m using RC=27k and CC=220pF and RL=68k, at least that´s what I´m using...

Fabio, thanks again.
If you get a chance i'm still curious which holes should be empty on BC opamp.

Also a MAP5002 just came in the mail... :)

oh, the holes...

- 1 in front of Q3 (between Q3 and Q9)
- 1 next R12 ( connected to V+)
- 1 next to R9
- 2 non-plated hoçes (1 next to 2520BC text and 1 next to C1)

and you need to connect V- in the middle of the board to a hole next to V- pin...

:guinness:
Fabio

alo
sorry for this stupid question:do i need to have the led`s connected so sw vcc can feed the relays?.looking at the sch,there is one sw vcc that goes straight to relay pos.,and another sw vcc,that has to go through the led`s to reach the neg relay`s.
don`t know if i made myself clear,but maybe it is because of having no led`s my api`s don`t work.
best regards
pedro

Latest posts

Back