GssL 20th Anniversary edition

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you reckon this build is too hard for someone a few steps above beginner? This has all the features I want and I have been wanting to do DIY that's not a complete kit, I just worry it would be out of my league.

I've done Capi VP28s + opamps with no issues and feel relatively competent reading BOMs.

I cant say, but this is easier to do than the existing GssL board with any mods added for sure.

Gustav

Front panel is still missing angular markings for knob position.....@ 11mm knobs. Hmm. Last time I used an online generator to generate these markings and then placed them into the front panel design.

Do you reckon this build is too hard for someone a few steps above beginner? This has all the features I want and I have been wanting to do DIY that's not a complete kit, I just worry it would be out of my league.

I've done Capi VP28s + opamps with no issues and feel relatively competent reading BOMs.
Do you mean that with something like "sections bypass jumpers"
it would be more easy for beginners ?

About the 20th edition also in 500 shape as well,
wouldn't be an evil thing at all .

wow. I dont know whats going on here I dont know what the difference is between the g bus and anniversary edition... but adding color modules and DOAs??? sounds rediculous nobody cares about color modules..

My main issue with the Gssl is the friggin attack and release times. I feel like they're just never "right." I'm never going to build this or buy these boards or whatever. I'm just like. all of this concern about the "color" of the unit?? like dude. the attack and the release are the main issue with the gssl in my opinion. I dont know if a fine trim fixes it, or more connections on the rotary switch or whatever, but man, the attack and release on the gssl SUCKS as an outboard unit. I think that a gbus just sounds so different when it's installed in a console versus when its used as outboard. two completely different devices in my opinion, from a user standpoint. like its cool on a console. but outboard its just wonky and different, but better in a sense too. but the attack and release make no sense on the outboard. IMO.

Saul,

There's a lot of information-empty rants from you recently - like why would you enter this thread and mention that you'd never build the unit anyways..

You bored? Or a better bot? Keeping an eye on you..

/Jakob E.

The 2u front panel looks pretty rad actually...in a neat way. Needs a hole for power switch. Probably right beside the meter.

Back