API 312 Thread!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg - I would go ahead and order some Grayhills from Newark. They always quote a long lead time, but they usually get the part to you much faster.

Hey Fabio,

Your part number is for solder lugs, the PCB mount part number for the same switch is:

CT2124-ND

Hope this helps.

Mike

Your part number is for solder lugs, the PCB mount part number for the same switch is:

That´s because I´m not sure the PCB version will fit the grayhill footprint, I´ll check and get back to you.

:sam:
Fabio

please let me know!! I have ordered them already. I'm very eager to get them up and running.

thanks
Mike

Well, I did some investigating and the pitch of the pins on the CTS switch is not compatible with the Grayhill. The Grayhill pins are situated closer to gether and won't line up with the PCB holes. The people at digikey are going to call me back on what it takes to get the grayhills.

mike

Yea, they are different really... :?

Got my channels ready! Many thanks for all you guys for all the info I got here... it´s a dream comming true to have 8 channels of A.P.I. in my humble studio! AVE DIY!

r312_quase1.gif

http://www.thediypill.phx.com.br/api312/r312_quase2.gif
another one

:guinness:
cheeeeerrszzz!!
Fabio

They look great !!! I shouldn't be all that far behind you... started on a pair last night, and the PSU. I'm even more excited to compare your 312s with the 3124 I have in my studio (borrowed of course).

congratz bau, all that hard work is finally coming to fruit! :thumb:

can't wait till i get a set runnin n all :)

I'm still sluggin away on mine. They're all tested, I'm workin on the casing, and the edge connector wiring.

4312guts.jpg

:green: :green: :green:
it is good to see people still working on this project
prototype_api.jpg

ptototype_API_3b.jpg

above is Sphere on the input and Jensen on the output
lower right is OEP input
very low right is the power supply
lower left is the front panel switch board

my final board has the output trafo removed and so is quite smaller but still very open for easy etching and building
I am using OEP's for the input on the new ones
and the Group BUY trafos for outputs.
They are a bit larger so I have decided to chasis mount them.

COOL GUYS! It´s time for me to rack mine and move on to another project... valve stuff finally!!

Now some doubts from black market...

I don't see any JS* though on the parts list.
Jumpers, you can see them in the board next to the servo circuit.
- BC560 transistor is MPSA18
Good one, but it´s a NPN, and BC560 is a PNP...
You still can use MPSA18 for Q1 and Q2 and let us know if it is good there :)

A couple questions about the PSU to anyone who has time:

- What's a good value for R10? 48V down to 5V is a pretty big jump, shouldn't we be using a voltage divider rather than a current-limiting resistor before the 7805?

R10 can be a 470R/5W resistor. Yes, this is not a clever solution since the REG48 will heat up because of the relays, I know that, but I did it this way for some other reasons to use on some other projects... you can also get a tap from the V+ into 7805...

- Are R1 and R2 even necessary? If so what's a good value?

Again another option, you don´t need it. It´s there if you like. :)
I´m using R1=R2= 10R/5W for C1=C2=2200uF OR 22R/5W for 3300uF caps.

AVE API! :green:

cheers!
Fabio

[quote author="Bauman"]Good one, but it´s a NPN, and BC560 is a PNP... Fabio[/quote]

D'oh. Talk about not checking out what I'm doing! Any ideas as to an American part that would be good here?
Thanks again for all the tips. I love these PCB's. Will definitely post some photos of the finished product.

Some parts of Fabio's design seems to be dependant of which input traffo you use.

Does anybody know the values of these components if you use a OEP input tranny?

CC Capacitor

RC Resistor

RL Resistor (is it always 100K?)

Schematic:
http://www.thediypill.phx.com.br/api312/R312sch_rev3.pdf

I guess that D1 and D2 can be 1N4001, I have some laying around.

Thanks!!!

Robert

Very happy today!!!

api312_chassis_web.gif

More details:
http://www.thediypill.phx.com.br/r312_rackcase.htm

:green:

:guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

dasbin

BC560C at Mouser ... Fairchild Semi
512-BC560C 100x15.00
if you search part # above ...also 512-BC560CTA and 512-BC560CTAR assume these are tape/reel extensions, same part.
These are 100 x $4.00

Need to do another Mouser order Monday so i'll call to be sure

...3 in a row... hmm....

BIG thanks to Fabio and Rafael for all the parts help. should've said that above.

...wonder if anybody tried the Lorlin PCB mount switches on Fabio's boards:
lorlin ck1054 12pos shorting 10WA344
1/4" D-shaft pc mount 1 3/8" shaft
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/LN-800005.pdf
http://www.lorlin.co.uk/a.htm

...can't seem to find spec for the pins/spread on datasheet... to see whether it will fit on Fabio's board.

btw ck1034 = shorting 1pol 12pos w/ leads.

think i have read these are not great, but would like to pc mount switches ... maybe just until the Grayhill man comes around again...

hey guys, maybe not strictly related to the API project, but does the OV need to go to the Chassis also ? And does it then need a 100 Ohm resistor in series?

Back