API 7600 Input Module

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaztech

Hi guys,

I just acquired an API 7600 input module for service.

Client tells me that "there are a few things that are not working correctly". Yeah, nice description! He can't be specific as he's using all of the multiway in/out connectors on the rear of the unit and can't remember which combinations don't work!

It's a very complicated module nad has a LOT of internal switching, lots of relays and loads of input/output permutations. Nice piece of kit but really without a schematic it's going to be impossible to test everything.

The owners manual isn't a lot of use as it doesn't seem to cover everything in the unit (not even all the output multipin sockets!) and the only way I can really test it is to make up a load of adapters.

I've looked through the schematics section on this site and this device isn;t listed at all under API. This company are notorious for not releasing schematics for anything so the chances of getting something through them are absolutely nil.

I wanted to ask.. Does anyone have a schematic of this device they could share with me? If required, I can keep it 100% confidential (contact me by PM). That means no posting it anywhere else if you so desire.

I'm almost dead in the water without it. Anyone???

Thanks in advance!

Before you get too deep, thoroughly clean and exercise all the switches and pots. API stuff rarely has faults, except for opamp failures, but dirty switches can make a lot seem wrong.

Actually, this is a complete module for an API mixer. It uses 2520 modules.

Since it drops into the mixer frame (and I don't have that) I'm going to have to test all inputs and outputs on the rear 64 pin socket. This is a bit of a nightmare. I need a schematic so that when I find an output with a signal missing I don't spend hours trying to find out where that pin comes from. The module is a sandwich design where both top and bottom PCBs component sides are facing each other. It's almost impossible to test it from either component side. At least, it I have a schematic, I can find components and then trace them by taking the unit apart. For service, it's a horrible design.

I regularly service API modules but this is the first one where I simply cannot find any schematics at all. I've exhausted all my contacts and nothing comes up via any internet searches at all.

Hopefully someone reading this might just have what I need. As I said previously, I can keep drawings to myself (or sign an NDA if necessary as I have quite few of them with various manufacturers). Can anyone help?

Actually, this is a complete module for an API mixer. It uses 2520 modules.

Since it drops into the mixer frame (and I don't have that) I'm going to have to test all inputs and outputs on the rear 64 pin socket. This is a bit of a nightmare. I need a schematic so that when I find an output with a signal missing I don't spend hours trying to find out where that pin comes from. The module is a sandwich design where both top and bottom PCBs component sides are facing each other. It's almost impossible to test it from either component side. At least, it I have a schematic, I can find components and then trace them by taking the unit apart. For service, it's a horrible design.

I regularly service API modules but this is the first one where I simply cannot find any schematics at all. I've exhausted all my contacts and nothing comes up via any internet searches at all.

Hopefully someone reading this might just have what I need. As I said previously, I can keep drawings to myself (or sign an NDA if necessary as I have quite few of them with various manufacturers). Can anyone help?
Have you contacted API directly? I have received some 1608 schematics directly from APi for a studio I worked on.

Latest posts

Back