API eq kits????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="TomWaterman"]Thanks peter, thats very good to know...I didn't realise they would drill lams.
Have to get some new transformers for the 1061-style pres/eqs...

-Tom[/quote]

Hi Tom! What happened to the 1061 project? I have been away for a while and almost forgot about the 1061. Hopefully I will have some time to think about the 1061 EQ before this summer, but I don't know. Too much work. Too little DIY.

/Anders

sorry for hi-jacking...

[quote author="peter purpose"]<<Do you plan on making the boards available?>>

Not just yet.

<<Is that the Sowter 9825 output transformer ?>>

No, it's a 4652 with drilled lams.... 4642a.

peter[/quote]

Ok not just yet means that it's possible the boards may get available in the future, yes ? :green: Sounds fine with me.

Any reason why you choose the 4652 (or 4642a) as the 9825 is specified to be the api 2503 replacement ?

Flo

[quote author="kvintus"]Hi Tom! What happened to the 1061 project? I have been away for a while and almost forgot about the 1061. Hopefully I will have some time to think about the 1061 EQ before this summer, but I don't know. Too much work. Too little DIY.[/quote]

Hey anders - same here - too much on my plate lately. Got stuck improving the amplifier square wave response and using all BD/BC currently available transistors. Went round in circles about transformer options and not wanting to make it an simple clone, adding class-a sallen-key HPF for mic-pre etc...done LOTs of simulation for EQ changes too, but I will bump the old thread when I get going again.

Anyhoo back to these here EQs! Lots of cool stuff going on in 500series format at the moment, commercially and DIY!

-Tom

<<Ok not just yet means that it's possible the boards may get available in the future, yes ? >>

It's possible.

<<Any reason why you choose the 4652 (or 4642a) as the 9825 is specified to be the api 2503 replacement ?>>

It's not an api circuit and I wanted to give the output amp an easier time.

peter

I had a listening session with the EQ yesterday, it sounds awesome.
:thumb:

It really has a deep tight bass, with a smooth mid & sweet top end. & this was with a 741 opamp in the front end! I'll try it with some thing nicer tomorrow & post some samples.

I'm happy that the inductors have turned out well, it's always a worry that the ferrite is not the right composition. This is F44 (MMG Neosid?) & works great.

Peter

Peter C.....
Peter, I was just looking at your 553 pic and noticed that you have +V on pin 14 and -V on 12. Just a heads up that they should be reversed if going into a 500 rack.

peter

3-Band-EQ-1.jpg

RS has stopped handling the RM10 kit 231-8757

Damn. One of the reasons I chose that part was the fact that the manufacturer is a big name, RS would always have it in stock & I could get them locally. Shite :evil:

I hope that our local RS will keep them around a while longer.

Very frustrating.

If you need some Gary, let me know.

Peter

I can confirm the bad news.
I ordered two weeks ago eight RM10 kits 231-8757 from RS, and they said they do not have them on stock, and they don't know when they will have them again.
That is sad because I'm looking for some not hard to find ferrite cores for high value inductors for a long time. :sad:

chrissugar

[quote author="chrissugar"]I can confirm the bad news.
I ordered two weeks ago eight RM10 kits 231-8757 from RS, and they said they do not have them on stock, and they don't know when they will have them again.
That is sad because I'm looking for some not hard to find ferrite cores for high value inductors for a long time. :sad:

chrissugar[/quote]

Try this... www.distrelec.ch or schuricht.de i bet they have them in stock.

well, it would definitely require a group buy, but there is always the wilco bsl series.

Peter, if you haven't used them for samples before, maybe you could try getting some samples from them for this eq. I got samples from them once for this, and sent them along to elco, who had used up his sample privileges, but I haven't ever heard back from him regarding how the wilco's sound in this circuit.

if they work out, and from what i hear they are nice components, that would probably be a very possible purchase with a group buy.

billy

Latest posts

Back