API eq kits????

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="safe as milk"]hi
i live near brian sowter and want to ask him to knock me up

thankyou very much[/quote]
I thought you were down Southampton way?

I've been toying with this for a while & came up with some freq switching mods. To save some money, I also used an opamp to unbalance the input but kept the classic output stage.

I have started a PCB layout, but it is still in development.

Let me know what y'all think.....

3-Band-Switched-EQ.jpg

Peter

Couldn't we lose the inductor on the low band and have a shelving response? Then we could just switch out caps on the lows and highs without having to source the big inductor for the lows.

Also, JLM has pm2000 EQ mod kits. Kit includes board, inductors, resistors and caps. Two kits, one for low and one for high mid bands, from 115hz to 10k. The PM2k Eq section is the same topology as the 553, so the kits will work in the circuit. I was thinking of building a 4 band with high and low shelving and these kits for the mids. Something to think about. http://www.jlmaudio.com/JLM PM2000 EQ mod kit.htm

Kevin

Couldn't we lose the inductor on the low band and have a shelving response?

I thought about that, but it would be easy enough to put in a wire link to bypass the inductor. I'd like to keep fairly close to the original, although I know that was an unbalanced input.....

Good data at the JLM site, pity there is no 1H coil there... I'm going to start out by winding my own coils to see how they sound. I remember one of our members saying that the Toko 100mH coil did not sound good in this design (Peter Purpose??) so I'll wind that too. PP built this using gyrators & was happy with the result.

Food for thought.

Peter

I´m a newbie on DOA , Peter´s schematics have a supply of 12,-14V is that correct? why?

anyway look like a great project Peter , keep us updated!

Latest posts

Back