APP992 thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these still being sold? Is there a site to buy them? I don't see any place to get these. Thanks

I’ve been lurking here for a while, and am finally planning on doing my first diy kit. I have no experience with DIY electronics so I was thinking of making a CAPI VP26 — is this a drop in replacement for one of Jeff’s GAR2520 op amps or would the circuit have to be modified? Also if so, are there any sound clips anyone has in one of these in an API style preamp? I have a love for the Dalcon console preamp from Oceanway which is also based on an op amp with a 75 v/uS slew rate. I figured this would somewhat similarly give a beautiful and clean sort of zip to the sound. Thanks, and sorry for my lack of knowledge in the subject.

Hi, thanks for posting,

yes, regarding the CAPI VP26 the APP992 is a drop in replacement of the GAR2520 op amp, so isn't needed any modify on this pre.
Yes, the APP992 is a clean opamp with big dynamic and moreover with not aggressive highs, and also with solid basses.
It's a very used DOA for pres.
Yes, there are sound clips.

Pier Paolo

I saw a very good video review on the Don Classics 250EQ with APP992's inside by ShoeTique (GDIY Member). The Don Classics 250EQ is a very good gear, and I am happy that our friend ShoeTique made a review on it. I would like to add that this video is very well done and is very much worth seeing by anyone looking for a DIY Sontec 250.

The video is here:

Hello Pier, I would love to build an MA-1 preamp that you designed. I am pretty new here and haven't found out how to pm someone. Please let me know how to purchase you design. Thanks!

Back