AudioMaintenance.com ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFFG

Hey guys, lots of people have used AudioMaintenance.com with success right?  I'm not accusing them of anything, but my USA debit card, linked to my Sovereign Bank / Santander Bank account, got blocked when I tried to order from them!  I went to the branch, and they called the fraud department and they said 'AudioMaintenance.com' is the #1 fraudulent website on their list out of the UK.  This strikes me as totally incorrect...I ended up putting my order on a different card from Bank of America, and it went through fine. I even talked to the service guy through e-mail, and it all seemed very legit.  Has anyone had any problems with them?  Maybe my bank got bad information about them?

that's strange. AFAIK no one has ever had problems with them. I know for sure I haven't.  Colin is a member here and regularly posts.  His forum name is slenderchap, you should let him know, so he can see how to solve this (glitch? whatever) for the future.

1) I ordered stuff from them and communication was great, so was the stuff.
2) It's all the bank's doing, I go around the world all the time and have to talk to the banks like every few weeks because they blocking transactions from overseas, assuming they are fraudulent.

Colin is a very stand-up guy, and Audio Maintenance has been GREAT to deal with.  I had a problem with a large purchase on a credit card, but it was the bank's doing, not Audio Maintenance's fault.
Best,
Bruno2000

Well I have read some bizarre stuff on forums before but this is crazy..... [Sovereign Bank / Santander Bank ... not MikeFFG]

.... some part of me does like the idea that we are the "number 1".

Very often cards from the USA are rejected and it can take several calls to the card provider to get them to allow the transaction.... doesn't bother me but must be infuriating for the card owner..... a few weeks ago it took someone 5 telephone calls to get the transaction through.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Yeah, that's very odd...I've never had problems either.

thanks colin!

I would shoot them a message though, just to find out why...

Look at it this way, at least you're number 1!

Thanks guys.  It was VERY strange!  I had always heard good things here as well.  It must be an error by the bank. Definitely didn't want to imply or start rumors I just got a bit nervous when they told me that.  And yes they actually said '#1' !  Bizarre.  They have an insane security department.  I appreciate the idea of the security, but I check my card balance everyday online so it doesn't help me much.  A year ago or so I got a new card, and I made two purchases with it, and then it got shutdown because the 'activity was out of the ordinary'!  Of course it was, I just got the card!!! Sorry for having to bring it up but I just wanted to be sure.

I also just changed the title of the thread so as not to imply AudioMaintenance is fraudulent to anyone who casually glances.

No worries at all with Colin or audiomaintenance.com. I have ordered thru the site and by talking to Colin direct. No problems. You probably got this by now.  ;)

I think the CC companies are being a little overly protective these days. I have 4 or 5 cards that I use on a regular basis. I choose the card depending on the date so I get the longest grace period possible for each purchase. I always pay off the full balance but like the extra time to do so. I use a couple of Visa's, M/C and a Sam's Discover. I am about to close the Discover account and cut the card up. They decline every transaction lately if I am not there in person. It pisses me off to no end, especially if it's some parts you are counting on by a certain day. Very frustrating.  ???

Rant over~

Best, Jeff 

kazper said:
deuc224 said:
gltech said:
jsteiger said:
No worries at all with Colin or audiomaintenance.com

+1
+2
+3
+4

with my last order my card was blocked too (first time in my life).
don't know how this credit card operations work, but Collin, there might be a software or configuration conflict :D
however, with a good old fax and a call to barclays everything worked ;)

+5

Last time I ordered a tranny it arrived the next morning! My impression was a great service, and fair prices.

+7

Colin is a very helpful guy, a pleasure to do business with.
(do I get more discount now? :O) )

Frank

+8

Bought many times from Colin here in Australia.
Always top shelf service, no probs with payment systems.

Latest posts

Back