Beginner Question about my G-SSL parts ordering

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="orksnork"]still on mouser

i need to find replacements for

271-68-RC

and 271-2.7k-RC

would 71-CRCW1206-2.7K-E3 work? that's what they suggested...and i supposed if it did, the same sort in 68ohm value would work as well...[/quote]

can someone help me with this?

The type matters... but for our purposes metal film and carbon film are fine. I think a Google search will turn up some good info on this for you.

Since you are being ever so helpful Greg...

On your sidechain parts list....

you have 3386H-103-ND - 10k trimpot from digikey...

these require a minimum order of 100...what's a good sub?

i feel so incredibly useless with this right now...everything i read seems to contradict everything else i'm thinking is right....

i'm looking at a post that says...

here is a document linked in this thread that details what resistor values to use in the VCA section based on what THAT chip you used. Mine what the 2180L and the chart was correct....

i ordered the resistors according to your list greg, what vcas should i be ordering then?? (and also do you have a source for this?)

I want to build one of these suckers but don't have the time right now to sift through 5 million pages of the SSL thread. If only all projects were as easy and user friendly for noobs as how Drip made it with his LA2A v2 manual. Is there an updated parts list for the GSSL with the various options people do with this build?

[quote author="orksnork"]i could give you my parts list if you'd like, updated with the changes i've made...

it includes the sidechain[/quote]
i'd like.

Just a FYI the sifam meter is about $125 from meterdistribitors (PPM) like the racked unit thats out there. They also sell another type thats something like $60.

Actually, at this point, I'm almost ordered up.

All I'm missing is:

Behringer Meter (just gotta fax over the order today)
Figuring out what to do with my case
Knobs

Also, these price lists obviously do not include any of the basic wiring or wiring harnesses...As I've not really seen any "directions" so to speak of how to put one of these together, I'm not sure exactly what I need in that department.

Dang forgot to order the meter...got caught up in the yard...

Anyone ordered the PCB's from gustav in the US? What was the delivery time on average???

Also, any comments on my last post about wiring etc.

The last order I had was like 10-12 days from Gustav and I'm on the west cost.

I think a picture is worth a thousand words. Use the search function there is allot of completed GSSL's

I don't like to assume but is this your first DIY?

Gustav is pretty quick, IIRC under a week.

For wire I think you'll need a bunch of 22-24AWG for main PCB to switches, Shielded 2 connector for in and out (audio). Markertek has decent prices on mogami 2 conn. shielded.

for power and ground I like heft wire 16AWG for Ground and 18-20 AWG for Power. Actually, the DC is on board so you may only need GND wire.

It's good to have a small starter kit of wires if you plan to do more projects however, you could just as well go to Radioshack and get some.

-hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back