Beginner Question about my G-SSL parts ordering

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you're quite right. this is my first DIY, which helps explain why I'm so absolutely clueless.

Happy to hear that Gustav's stuff only takes that long.

As far as the wiring, thanks for mentioning a few of the things necessary. I'll look through the SSL thread again and see if there's any more beginner wiring questions...as like I said, I'm clueless as to what I need as far as the little harnesses and stuff.

Harness? you mean the wires to the fron pannel PC boards right?

Are you using headers from gregs part list? If so those sockets that go to the headers use a connector with a specific wire gauge.

OK it looks like you are fine with 22-30 AWG wires for those going to the headers/sockets. Hell, if you are desparate and need a quick job ouse some old IDE cables - but not recomended for most projects.

Welcome to the wild world of part ordering!

I just forgot 4 resistors out of 25 parts for a project. $@#%$^#&
-funny thing is that I got the part to fill 2 PCB's but needed to fill 4. zoinks!

since I'm about to start a pair of gssls as well, I'd be intersted in a part list from european diy'er (maybe from rs components or something similar).

if somebody would share his bom my life would be a bit easier :)

thanks
christoph

I think it's best to buy extra resistors and caps.

Allot of the caps go down in price at 10 and if you look at the size most small values in 50V are the same dim as the 25,35v.

Ptown had a good deal on resistor kits for $121CAD (about the same US$) it's about $400 worth of resistors from Mouser to buy them.

It's one of those things that once you have them you just buy more when you run out of a value.

a bunch of them required that i buy 10 as opposed to the necessary 2-3...

As far as experiences with companies go...

I put in an order to parts express early on one day for 4 connectors, and it took 2 days to ship it out....meh

wow, if I counted everything I got from mouser and digikey I would never finish my next project, much less post about counting the parts. :wink:
-what am I doing online then.....time to stuff & rack.

Here's to Ptown for those resistor packs!
:thumb:

haha..well i don't have a pcb to stuff yet! waiting ont he package from gustav..

but, on a different note, the vca's showed up today as well!!

ahh god i wish everyday was like today with tons of packages and stuff...i love it

Yeah, I don't count anymore. If I realize that I was short shipped after I've used all of any given item, digikey is always good about fixing their mistake, even a month later.

[quote author="orksnork"]ahh god i wish everyday was like today with tons of packages and stuff...i love it[/quote]

It's like Chrismas every week!
My subconscious must make me miss parts just to enjoy getting another package next week.

Keep in mind that Mouser (maybe Digikey too) is very, very good at returns and sometimes will just send you more parts.

well are they generally pretty on point with getting you your order correctly? if so, I'll myself the grief of sorting through all the bullshit for an hour and a half

I KEEP FORGETTING THE DAMN METER

so all that's left to buy:

wire
meter
case

and i think i'm golden :D

well not golden. i'm going to buy a new soldering iron, a pcb holder etc.

Latest posts

Back