Behringer 369-KT Compressor mods/hacks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canidoit

Anyone looked at the internals of the unit? I heard it was SMDs, and wondering whether its one of those units, that can be improved or should be left alone.

If you were to improve it, would it be changing capacitors on the audio line?

Possibly replacing the Midas transformers with more close to original transformers of that unit?

Anyone have any opinions on the unit, would you use it for Mastering or Mixing or would it be like the Alesis 3630 where the characteristics and audio quality would be more for experimental and live use.

Thank you.

I suggest to leave it alone, the actual Neve 33609 is also full of cheap components (chinese switching PSU, smd components etc ...) and in this case could also be "improved" , does it need to ? The 3630 is in no way comparable to the 33609, it is just a piece of crap popularized by a known french electronic duo and elevated to the holly grall of gear you have to own.

Anyone looked at the internals of the unit? I heard it was SMDs, and wondering whether its one of those units, that can be improved or should be left alone.

If you were to improve it, would it be changing capacitors on the audio line?

Possibly replacing the Midas transformers with more close to original transformers of that unit?

Anyone have any opinions on the unit, would you use it for Mastering or Mixing or would it be like the Alesis 3630 where the characteristics and audio quality would be more for experimental and live use.

Thank you.
One of our very own took one for a test drive. He made notes and ponders the same question.

I think the first thing to improve is to change the threshold switches.
It takes a lot of force to turn them. (Some people have already broken the knob...)

Back