Best affordable U47 Body?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One drawback of all of these models appears to be the lack of transformer housing / bell. Is there a source for these anyone can share, other than Chunger's HT11A bell? It's the biggest factor that steers me towards used mics as opposed to some of these nicer unbranded ones.

Thanks!

Maybe I'm too stupid, but I can't find anything under 147,39€ for mic body + shockmount (incl. shipping, no 7pin XLR:cry:)

Who did you buy from, DIYmicrophone Store?

View attachment 99187
You need to discuss and bargain with the seller. He can arrange you, that's what he did to me. A kind of arrangement which made that I didn't pay any custom duties. But even at 147€ it's a good deal IMO. The one from Life long is 225€ or something.

@rock soderstrom
Try this one directly, the review/images from Norway is mine. Smaller than Shuaiyin body, no spider, and pay attention to the grille mesh orientation if it matters to you.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/16001...800000","type":"appDetailShare"}&from=Android
Thanks kk! I will send these guys a mail.
You need to discuss and bargain with the seller. He can arrange you, that's what he did to me. A kind of arrangement which made that I didn't pay any custom duties. But even at 147€ it's a good deal IMO. The one from Life long is 225€ or something.
Ok, I see. At the moment the Life Long offer seems to me not that bad at all. The body seems to be more stabil, there is a third rod in it.

The most important question for me right now is how sensitive is the coating on the body really?

Can this body be mounted upside down through the thread at the bottom or is this meant for a Binder conector?

The most important question for me right now is how sensitive is the coating on the body really?
If you talk about the life long version, there's no coating. as I said earlier, it's very sensitive to finger prints and oxidises easily.
Can this body be mounted upside down through the thread at the bottom or is this meant for a Binder conector?
This is meant for an XLR connector only. You can mount it upside down with the shock mount.
Another interest of this body is the internal rail system to fix the PCB. Better than the Chinese version.

If you talk about the life long version, there's no coating. as I said earlier, it's very sensitive to finger prints and oxidises easily.
Ok, so that means the surface is simply uncoated, pure metal, ready for nickel plating? No lacquer, no coating?
This is meant for an XLR connector only. You can mount it upside down with the shock mount.
Another interest of this body is the internal rail system to fix the PCB. Better than the Chinese version.
Thanks. I also noticed the third rail of the body, it is closer to the original and certainly more stable. I will go this way.

Are there currently bodies that are prepared for Binder connectors? How is this done, does anyone have experience with it?

Ok, so that means the surface is simply uncoated, pure metal, ready for nickel plating? No lacquer, no coating?
Exactly. I keep a soft tissue in my case and wipe it up each time I use it.
Are there currently bodies that are prepared for Binder connectors? How is this done, does anyone have experience with it?

Beesneez sells a version for Binder connectors, I made one for a guy. using this body. High end quality and beautiful but totally different price range...
Beesneez U47 DIY body kit
IMG_1631.jpeg

Just got this today, looks good to me. A bonus is that the attachments for the PCB is possible to move to fit the holes on the pcb. But when I got it I began to wonder if there are better ways to build it than using PCB's, maybe a turret way? And the holder, what is considered the better there?

Attachments

• U47 body.jpg
    U47 body.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Well, say where it's from, Greenie!

The Life Long music headbasket looks to me like the mesh is aligned correctly, but that diameter looks sort of large to me. Maybe it's not, though. I wonder if there is anywhere to be certain to attain a headbasket that is at least the clone of the one Skylar measured out and ordered oh these many years ago. I can't say for sure, but I guessed that that's how some (one?) of these factories got to be making such close representations of the headbasket. Yet, it's always very confusing as to which headbasket in some of these alibaba and ebay auctions that you're actually going to get. Perhaps Chunger's is guaranteed to be close? Anybody order the lone U47 headbasket we see sometimes along side U47 bodies on Alibaba?

Just got this today, looks good to me. A bonus is that the attachments for the PCB is possible to move to fit the holes on the pcb. But when I got it I began to wonder if there are better ways to build it than using PCB's, maybe a turret way? And the holder, what is considered the better there?
This one looks just like the one I got recently from chunger! I found it a good enough body to work with, although I swapped the XLR insert for a Switchcraft one.
Where did you get yours from?

Just a quick question: is it ok to drill new holes to screw the pcb to the body on the sides of this pcb?

Attachments

• 305480056_10228166839266136_9127900538520921215_n.jpg
    305480056_10228166839266136_9127900538520921215_n.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 0
I have drilled two holes as marked in the pic. Seems like it is in grounded areas?

Attachments

• IMG_20221021_203323.jpg
    IMG_20221021_203323.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
On the MK47 pcb from Max, long ago, I remember the grounds on the pcb are supposed to be grounded to the rails I believe.

Latest posts

Back