Best in show, most interesting, unique NAMM 2024

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

of those who went to NAMM this year, what were your highlights?
I’ll start saw a lot as I wasn’t working out booth. Fun times.
Of the upper scale of unique gear items,
The new gyraf audio G25 was quite good.

Also the folks at hum audio devices were showing off some very impressive stuff.

Anyone else see things they were impressed with?

I was blown away by the Gullfoss Master "reverse-masking" digital processor plugin. I simply do not get the math involved.

Liked the feel of the AIM mics

Was amazed by our own Marik's magnetically-controlled mic mounts. Not to ignore his insanely high quality in mics, but I'm beginning to expect this from him

Had an unexpected coffee-through-nose gasp when absent-mindedly looking at wolfe's new matrix switch, then suddenly realizing those guys put more than 1200 latching relays inside a single-unit 19"rack case. Then mounted 16 such units in a rack..some people don't know when to stop..

Got starstruck for the first time in a while, when bob clearmountain came by and said hello..

Now hanging out in the LAX airport, waiting for a lift home.

Thanks for now, NAMM - and a special shoutout to @pucho812: Looks like you may have gotten it right regarding prevention of the much-feared nammthrax - I followed your directions, and am still standing (sorta')

/Jakob E.

Jacob my friend,
It does work. Proven by folks smarter than me. Safe travels on your return flight.
I saw the relays in the Wolfe audio boxes. The one without the lid chattered away. I wonder how quiet they are with the lid on. Then I also think how often one would actually make patches so it would be ok.
Yes I saw Marik’s mics too. I didn’t have time to chat as much as I would have liked to, I ended up getting put to work.

Last edited:
I don't recall what your NAMthrax advice was but recall a news item from years ago that struck home. There was a study of diners affected by red tide contaminated seafood in FL. The diners who had booze along with their meals, did not get sick.

CAVEAT this positive association with alcohol was anecdotal and not supported by the medical community.

JR

I don't recall what your NAMthrax advice was but recall a news item from years ago that struck home. There was a study of diners affected by red tide contaminated seafood in FL. The diners who had booze along with their meals, did not get sick.

CAVEAT this positive association with alcohol was anecdotal and not supported by the medical community.

JR
Jr, my nammthrax advise is a tip from the queens navy. In the days of the tall ships high proof rum was on board. It needed to be strong enough so that if wet gun powder would still be able to ignite. At the same time each sailor had an 8 ounce of rum per diem. This killed the germs and viruses one could potentially get. So, for a very very long time now, I bring my ownbrew high proof/cask strength rum in small glass bottles. I buy the bottles off Amazon for some 20 cents each. They hold about 1.5 shots and I hand them out to my friends. It kills the nammthrax germs.
In all my years of handing these out, everyone who has had one dose does not get NAMMthrax.
But unlike having 8 a day, you only need one or two of these bottles to keep you alive and healthy at NAMM.
Only other tip is put it in your coffee as you go about your day.

Last edited:
Jr, my nammthrax advise is a tip from the queens navy. In the days of the tall ships high proof rum was on board. It needed to be strong enough so that if wet gun powder would still be able to ignite. At the same time each sailor had an 8 ounce of rum per diem. This killed the germs and viruses one could potentially get. So, for a very very long time now, I bring my ownbrew high proof/cask strength rum in small glass bottles. I buy the bottles off Amazon for some 20 cents each. They hold about 1.5 shots and I hand them out to my friends. It kills the nammthrax germs.
In all my years of handing these out, everyone who has had one dose does not get NAMMthrax.
But unlike having 8 a day, you only need one or two of these bottles to keep you alive and healthy at NAMM.
Only other tip is put it in your coffee as you go about your day.
Don't forget the limes to prevent scurvy... ;)

JR

Latest posts

Back