Best of?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwhmca

What about a "GroupDIY" best of...?

There are soooooo many excellent posts from some real wizards around here... containing some priceless info for all walks of electronics life.

Reading through posts over the years, I'm always finding posts from people that are chalked full of some cool stuff.

There would need to be some kind of tagging and voting system to make it to the best of page... ehhh?

They might be a way to generate a list of "most liked" posts... perhaps not exactly the same, but perhaps doable... while I don't want to make promises someone else would have to deliver.

JR

yeah, maybe if there was another button like the "like" button called "Best Of" people could click that and the post would go the best of page and settle itself in a hierarchy of most "best of" hits?

So, one click to get the post there... and then a natural ordering based on how many people have "bested" it?

You could have a minimum amount of different users like say 2 to get the post to the best of page, but sometimes the cool stuff is so buried that coming across it twice by two separate people might never happen.

JohnRoberts said:
They might be a way to generate a list of "most liked" posts... perhaps not exactly the same, but perhaps doable... while I don't want to make promises someone else would have to deliver.

JR

There's a relatively short time on statistics for "likes".- perhaps 5-10 years that that are positives. The feature was implemented a rather short time a go. If we had all the data - now that would be exciting future work for computer scientists.

Kingston said:
JohnRoberts said:

JR

There's a relatively short time on statistics for "likes".- perhaps 5-10 years that that are positives. The feature was implemented a rather short time a go. If we had all the data - now that would be exciting future work for computer scientists.
Geekslutz uses a post rating system where readers can vote for a best of any given thread.

To do this well you really need a technical editor to separate good from popular. but that is too much like work.

The internet for now will remain asymmetrical with way too much data, that we must filter ourselves. 

Since i remember before we had such easy access to unlimited information, I can't complain about having too much.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
The internet for now will remain asymmetrical with way too much data, that we must filter ourselves. 

Since i remember before we had such easy access to unlimited information, I can't complain about having too much.

JR

This one goes straight to "My Best Of" collection!

Latest posts

Back