beware

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salomonander

hey everybody

i dont like the kind of thread im about to start. but on the other hand i feel like i should warn fellow slutz of people doing dubious business. i just had a truly terrible experience with digitalaudioservice in hamburg.
my K&H 0300 broke - with a very important mixing project coming up. since i purchased them with their shop i called them up and asked for help. the guy on the phone was extremely friendly and offered me to simply send me a replacement pair. i could then use the wrappingg to send back my broken pair. great! still, i told him that i was a little nervous with the big project coming up. but he told me not to worry - they'd take care of everything. amazing.

to make a very long story short, the speakers never arrived. its been over 10 days now. i got worried two days after the initial call  - parcells move quickly in germany. so i called them up again. actually i did so every single day from that day on. even yesterday. i had a different representative on the phone each time. they all knew about my problem and assured me that it was just a little hickup - the speakers would ship out that afternoon.  but they never did. each call i told them that i would have a very serious problem if this deal would not work out. but everybody assured me that things were under control.

so now i have a very important client coming in tomorrow (as i have told the shop about 10 times), but no mains in the control room. im totally f*cked. worst experience in pro audio i have ever had. if they would have just told me a few days ago that there was a problem i would have found a work-around. but they rather chose to lie to me for over 10 days - with about five representatives involved. i dont know what to say honestly. but i think people should know about this kind of business. be very, very careful with these guys. a dear college of mine had a similar experience (waiting for over a year for delivery).

cheers
jakob

wow. this really is a very kind offer.
i am in contact with a shop in my area that might be able to handle things tomorrow. i hope it will work out. otherwise i would write you a pm. again, this is very kind of you!

ps: im in munich- so rather far. lets just hope that the other shop is more honest :)
and you sir are a true gentleman !

Latest posts

Back