Biden picks Kamala

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL - the clown speaks, mouth still disconnected from brain:

The president said: "I just heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements and by the way the lawyer that wrote that piece is a very highly qualified, very talented lawyer.

"I have no idea if that's right. I would have assumed the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice-president.

"But that's a very serious, you're saying that, they're saying that she doesn't qualify because she wasn't born in this country."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53774289

crazydoc said:
LOL - the clown speaks, mouth still disconnected from brain:

The president said: "I just heard it today that she doesn't meet the requirements and by the way the lawyer that wrote that piece is a very highly qualified, very talented lawyer.
That fake news internet meme has been well debunked so President Trump is probably just chumming the water to keep media distracted and talking about him.  A reporter actually asked him the question about it, so he didn't even raise the subject, but gave them the shiny prize they hoped for.  Yet another "birther" meme so they can repeat the same old talking points.  ::)

I suspect the political plan is to bait President Trump into personally attacking VP candidate Kamala Harris to make her look like a victim of sexism and racism. I expect her attack dog performance during the Justice Kavanaugh hearing will disabuse any image of her as a shrinking violet (Her aggressive prosecutorial experience was likely why she was selected VP). 

(I have one dear old friend on the internet who repeats all these BS memes including the sundry conspiracies du jour), it can be exhausting to fact check him,  but this one is already old news. )

Not sure why you guys who are better informed than my old friend would repeat it other than to reinforce a world view that President Trump really is that stupid. I wouldn't underestimate him, like Hillary did last time.  8)
"I have no idea if that's right. I would have assumed the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice-president.

"But that's a very serious, you're saying that, they're saying that she doesn't qualify because she wasn't born in this country."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53774289
Of course she is legal (per 14th amendment)... last I heard Oakland, CA was in the US.  ::) The citizenship status of her parents didn't matter back then. There has been some discussion of changing the rule, but even if changed it wouldn't be retroactive so she would still be a citizen.  As I recall Sen Ted Cruz received some very similar criticism from the left questioning his qualifications to run for POTUS.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
As I recall Sen Ted Cruz received some very similar criticism from the left questioning his qualifications to run for POTUS.

JR

Wrong. It was Trump, of course. "Ted Cruz" really sounds way to foreign, doesn't it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/01/07/yes-ted-cruz-is-a-natural-born-citizen/

JohnRoberts said:
(I have one dear old friend on the internet who repeats all these BS memes including the sundry conspiracies du jour), it can be exhausting to fact check him,  but this one is already old news. )

Not sure why you guys who are better informed than my old friend would repeat it other than to reinforce a world view that President Trump really is that stupid.
He's probably not that stupid, but he knows a large proportion of his base is, and if he repeats it they will believe. Wow, what a leader, and what a bunch of morons. It probably lost her the election, but coining "basket of deplorables" was right on.

crazydoc said:
He's probably not that stupid, but he knows a large proportion of his base is, and if he repeats it they will believe.

I've come to the conclusion Trump doesn't see truth like most see it. I think he comes at it backwards.He thinks what one believes is the truth is the truth. If he can make you believe it, it becomes the truth. He's remarkably successful at it.

Gold said:
I've come to the conclusion Trump doesn't see truth like most see it. I think he comes at it backwards.He thinks what one believes is the truth is the truth. If he can make you believe it, it becomes the truth. He's remarkably successful at it.
Because he knows what a certain segment of the people want to believe, and if he tells them it is the truth, it becomes their truth. Make America great again, when white folks reigned supreme.

crazydoc said:
Because he knows what a certain segment of the people want to believe, and if he tells them it is the truth, it becomes their truth. Make America great again, when white folks reigned supreme.

All politicians sell a better future and their brand of what's right. This is policy which is debatable. Trump will piss on your shoes and tell you it's raining. Then he'll call you stupid if you don't believe him. That's why COVID is throwing him for a loop. It's hard to make you believe your grandmother isn't dead.

Not sure why you guys who are better informed than my old friend would repeat it other than to reinforce a world view that President Trump really is that stupid.

Been reading some René Girard on conflict theory.  One of his points I found shocking suggested that the stability of a nation during times of crisis has to partially do with its ability to produce authentic and realistic scapegoats.  :eek:
It's a dreary but interesting idea to run against the history of fallen nations.

Gold said:
Ding ding ding... we have a winnah.

"Truth" is too deep of a philosophical concept to fully explore here, so I won't. 8)

President Trump's blather is a cross between a real estate promoter negotiating deals (sort of like politics), and a reality TV star trading insults for entertainment value (ratings).

His chronic hyperbolic exaggeration is hard for even supporters to listen to, but nothing new from him.

Media made him, and are whining all the way to the bank  ::) as he feeds them daily Kabuki theater episodes for them to profit from, while often stepping on his own accomplishments. For example his administration just completed a historic peace deal in the middle east but everybody is talking about whether Kamala is a legal VP candidate (of course she is).

Party on... but remember to pace yourself, we have months to go, and President Trump will likely reply in kind to every new attack.

JR 

PS: VP Joe Biden and Sen Kamala Harris have not been taking questions at their press events, just dropping highly scripted and focus group vetted talking points. I doubt they can get away with that for long, but will try because they can control the message that way.

JohnRoberts said:
Media made him, and are whining all the way to the bank  ::) as he feeds them daily Kabuki theater episodes for them to profit from, while often stepping on his own accomplishments.

And he has absolutely no one to blame for that but himself. But instead, he whines about how much of a victim he is and his supporters eat it up and repeat the lines, continuing his game by using his “fake news” and media blaming BS tactics, while whining all his good never gets reported and the media only reports things that make him look bad. It’s all one big circle. As if that’s not a political approach in itself. Absolutely no sympathy here.

JohnRoberts said:
Ding ding ding... we have a winnah.

"Truth" is too deep of a philosophical concept to fully explore here, so I won't. 8)

I get that there are issues of intent that will likely never be resolved in looking at past occurrences, but the real issue with Trump's approach is that even with empirically verifiable facts  (Trump:  "The WTO always rules against the US!"  Adviser:  "Mr. President, in actual fact the WTO rules in favor of the US about 85% of the time."  Trump:  "The WTO always rules against the US!!")  he continues to lie.  This is not some subtle epistemological difference--the man continually say things that are absolutely, verifiably, to-the-best-of-our-scientific-capability-to-determine, false. 

Why would anyone on this forum find Trump's absolute and verifiable lies (and repeated, uncorrected lies) any more acceptable than  the overblown audiophoolery that is so regularly mocked in this very forum? 

john12ax7 said:
Biden lead has narrowed now with the VP choice.  Maybe coincidence,  maybe not.

Approval for Harris (+4) is higher than for Biden (-5) and also Pence (-5) and of course, the Orange One (-12). At least until the mud-slinging happens. So not likely to have much to do with her.

living sounds said:
Approval for Harris (+4) is higher than for Biden (-5) and also Pence (-5) and of course, the Orange One (-12). At least until the mud-slinging happens. So not likely to have much to do with her.

Same as it ever was,  same as it ever was.    Clinton by +10

Latest posts

Back