Black Hole

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tubetec said:
'meat computer' I got a giggle off that .
Its still very difficult to get a true picture of size and mass of these deep space objects from the photographs . They seem to be saying stuff does exit blackholes now too ,but its reconfigured on a subatomic level ,smashed beyond all recognition . Maybe they act like a giant recycling plant, sucking in garbage, compacting it , and spiting out the left overs .
I don't have trouble grokking near space and even the limits of distances we can see, because of how long it takes light to reach us, even at the speed of light.. ::)  My problem is comprehending what lies beyond? We are (I am) wired to comprehend physical spaces and physical things, not infinite space (what lies just beyond infinity, more infinity?).

I have much respect for the brilliant like Einstein.  I have read A Brief History of Time by Hawking twice. Amusing that a lot of the physics on Big Bang Theory, TV comedy is accurate or at least based on real physics.

JR

I read something from 2014 about how Stephen Hawking disagreed on some of the older thinking on black holes , and put forward some new ideas , I'm not sure how it all stacks up with the latest data . two steps forward one step back or maybe just two steps back .

Watched a few physics lectures recently on the Big Bang, and they were trying to describe with maths what lies beyond the edge of perception in the universe, and what allowed the central point to expand outward.  What medium was it expanding outwards into?!? 
'Nothing' like math, is a mental abstraction, because we have never, nor will ever, experience a true quantum vacuum. Even the coldest, darkest regions of space contain some amount of subatomic quanta. So what is beyond the curvature of the universe?  The nearest approximation of nothing I can imagine is the seat of consciousness, as all other thoughts and things unravel and atomize over time, but never entirely lose all quanta.  My bad if I'm sounding spooky-spiritual. Not trying to.

Tubetec said:
'meat computer' I got a giggle off that .
Its still very difficult to get a true picture of size and mass of these deep space objects from the photographs . They seem to be saying stuff does exit blackholes now too ,but its reconfigured on a subatomic level ,smashed beyond all recognition . Maybe they act like a giant recycling plant, sucking in garbage, compacting it , and spiting out the left overs .
Yes - our JR is quite the card!! I got a laugh on that one too!

Apparently black holes do re-radiate back out until theoretically they eventually disappear - I’m not sure if this has been proven though.

I’ve often wondered if maybe the source of the Big Bang was a gigantic black hole. Maybe the whole universe eventually gets sucked into one and then explodes it all back out...

boji said:
...So what is beyond the curvature of the universe?  The nearest approximation of nothing I can imagine is the seat of consciousness, as all other thoughts and things unravel and atomize over time, but never entirely lose all quanta.  My bad if I'm sounding spooky-spiritual. Not trying to.
It’s official...you’re a deeply poetic spiritual guy. Keep it coming boji! Great stuff!

Latest posts

Back