Bo Hansen DI layout

Help Support GroupDIY:

Bo Hansen

Parkay909,

As a good alternative, use metal standoff/spacers that have an M3 thread at both ends. (for example Harwin R30-1011102 or longer) Drill holes in the bottom of the box, countersink on the outside of the bottom and fasten the standoff/spacers with nice countersunk screws.

--Bo

Last edited:

Ricardus

Parkay909,

As a good alternative, use metal standoff/spacers that have an M3 thread at both ends. (for example Harwin R30-1011102 or longer) Drill holes in the bottom of the box, countersink on the outside of the bottom and fasten the standoff/spacers with nice countersunk screws.

--Bo
Those Hammond enclosures aren't very thick on the bottom, so I don't think you could counter-sink them very well, which is why I used epoxy. I didn't want any thing like that showing. I just wanted it to be nice and clean.

parkay909

Parkay909,

--Bo
Thanks for chiming in! The Hammond I got is a little too thin to countersink a hole. Maybe I'll just use another Spinal Tap lunch box.

parkay909

Those Hammond enclosures aren't very thick on the bottom, so I don't think you could counter-sink them very well, which is why I used epoxy. I didn't want any thing like that showing. I just wanted it to be nice and clean.
Thanks for the quick revert. I believe epoxy may be the way to go, and Ill probably use a different chassis for my last two builds.

Ricardus

Thanks for the quick revert. I believe epoxy may be the way to go, and Ill probably use a different chassis for my last two builds.
They're a little big, which came in handy when I was using transformers that didn't fit on the boards, but I find the enclosure to be pretty ideal.

Latest posts