Boston Bombing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sr1200 said:
Hope all our Bostonian members are alright. (I guess we need to pass legislation banning marathons now... right?) :-\ :-\ :-\
+1

Maybe they should ban sensational news coverage.. That is kind of why they do it,,, the deaths are just collateral damage to create the high profile news event.

I used to live in back bay on Comm Ave.  few blocks from there. The Boston marathon ending downtown is a big day in Beantown.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Maybe they should ban sensational news coverage..

Hard to ban in a free market.

The scramble for 'eyeballs', 'market share' and and 'ratings' means that people rush to air. =Don't bother verifying, either. DAMN the torpedoes!

The better option might be for the government to control the media.  ;)

[don't get excited... I'm KIDDING!]

SSLtech said:
JohnRoberts said:
Maybe they should ban sensational news coverage..

Hard to ban in a free market.

The scramble for 'eyeballs', 'market share' and and 'ratings' means that people rush to air. =Don't bother verifying, either. DAMN the torpedoes!

The better option might be for the government to control the media.  ;)

[don't get excited... I'm KIDDING!]
Yes i had tongue firmly in cheek too, but the wall to wall news coverage of nothing but speculation and shaky video phone clips, are willing fools helping stir up the hysteria, which is why they bomb copley square instead of down town hickory.  I wonder how many video cameras per square mile there are near the finish line of the boston marathon?

JR

(not calling it terrorism yet).
At around 5pm the headline was "Tragedy at Boston Marathon".
As of about 10pm last night the news agencies were going with some ridiculous headline like - "Deadly Terrorist Attack Destroys Part of Boston" or something like that. 

Terrorists/Nutcases have declared war on us, cos they can't get to our governments, how long will it be before we declare war on them? :mad:
DaveP

According to the Boston Globe, the DHS was in the area conducting a controlled explosion drill. DHS was also conducting a drill in newton conn the same day Sandy hook happened. All this proves to me is that if DHS comes to to L.A. to conduct a drill I am getting out of town.

pucho812 said:
According to the Boston Globe, the DHS was in the area conducting a controlled explosion drill. DHS was also conducting a drill in newton conn the same day Sandy hook happened. All this proves to me is that if DHS comes to to L.A. to conduct a drill I am getting out of town.

Link? All that comes up in a search are the usual conspiracy mongers (Alex Jones etc.), not reputable media outlets.

JohnRoberts said:
MagnetoSound said:
Ban marathons. They're a stupid idea anyway.

[/ :p]

Then the criminals will have won.. (not calling it terrorism yet).

JR

I don't think Dan was suggesting banning marathons on the grounds of terrorism risk, more that they're an excruciating hobby that should be banned on the grounds of the prevention of masochism. I prefer a 5K myself.

The fact the bombs were timed for the 4 hour mark just shows how premeditated the whole attack was. When I heard about the bombing, my thoughts turned to a running buddy who was there. I actually wondered if it might have gone off at the 4hr mark, on account of this being the mean time for peak traffic flow at the finish. Fortunately for Roger he came in under 3 hours (I predicted 2:45 for him, which was a little optimistic), so wasn't caught up.

It boggles my mind that Bliar and Bush could be walking around freely, earning copious amounts of money, without reaping any consequences for their appalling foreign policy... The average Joe who wants to run a marathon or get a bus to work risks being blown up by fanatics created by their policy :puke icon:

My thoughts are with those affected - especially as a fellow runner.  :'(

Justin 

Justin,
As I watched the continuous tape of the collapse of the twin towers on 9/11, I said "thats Iraq and Afganistan gone", Blair and Bush  did pretty much what was expected of them at the time.  In hindsight it was the wrong Intel and the wrong strategy, not an easy call.
best
DaveP

Ban the month of April?

Oklahoma City Bombing - April 19
Columbine Shooting - April 20
Virginia Tech Shooting - April 16
Boston Marathon - April 15

Or go on a vacation in a remote area.

living sounds said:
pucho812 said:

Link? All that comes up in a search are the usual conspiracy mongers (Alex Jones etc.), not reputable media outlets.

it was in their tweeter feed.

DaveP said:
Justin,
As I watched the continuous tape of the collapse of the twin towers on 9/11, I said "thats Iraq and Afganistan gone", Blair and Bush  did pretty much what was expected of them at the time.  In hindsight it was the wrong Intel and the wrong strategy, not an easy call.
best
DaveP

Who expected this? None of the two million-or-so people who marched (myself included) and protested in various forms prior to the invasion.

Not an easy call? It's been shown that there never was any remotely reliable intelligence and Bliar and Bush knew this. Military advisers warned them Afghanistan was a no-win situation from the word go. Why should they think they could succeed where the USSR couldn't?

I can't even believe any sane person would suggest going to war, against the advice of everyone who knew the situation in the region, would be 'not an easy call'  ::) (especially with such glib language, considering the resulting death count)

Why not ask some of the victims of 7/7: http://www.questia.com/library/1G1-139183519/sister-of-7-7-victim-blames-the-war-in-iraq-for-her

Around 2 million have died due to B + B's actions... It's proven that B+B seized upon any justification for their crusade, without any regard for truth.  'not an easy call'... 

Back