Budget 192khz A/D

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been approved for PPC3. However, it fails to install on my notebook. Although the minimum requirement is 1GB RAM, it doesn't install on my 2GB RAM notebook.
I looked for a 8" notebook with min. 4GB RAM( and an SSD) that doesn't break the bank, but I think it's unobtainium now.
I have a 12" portable PC that's lying there but it's too big for my bench.

Thats disapointing after all the hoop jumping ,
Although I dont have the EVM board I did download PPC3 v3.1.3 (from a non TI source)and it installed fine on win7 64 with 8 gigs .
I doubt ram is the issue , maybe there are additional dependencies required with your OS .
It seems the 8inch mini laptops have been more or less superceded by tablets at this stage , although Asus EEE pc with win 7 can be found cheaply on ebay .

I just checked my PPC 3 install and its in x86 program files so its a 32 bit app , it also has Json or java script dependencies . Might be worth trying an older version of PPC3 then allowing it to update online once installed .
Dont give up , theres a simple explanation .

I couldnt find the link to the PPC v3.1.3 download so
I zipped it and uploaded it here just in case you want to give it a try .

Upload files for free - P path.zip - ufile.io (free download button)

There does seem to be a few people having issues with V3.1.5 and above , V3.2 being the latest release from TI .

I have to admit not clicking the link to double check on this occassion , but that service Ive used before and its been solid .
Hmm , just stalls when you press free download , goes to pricing when you cl;ick fast ,
I'll find an alternate file share and try again ,

I've downloaded it successfully; however it won't install because the MCR - whatever it is - version is not compatible with the main program.

I've tried installing teh current version on my W7-32 laptop, but it seems it's gone into an infinite loop... Talk about hooks and loops...

Ok ,
I ran through the install of PP3 on my system again ,by first uninstalling it and any of its components ,
It goes to the point where it downloads the MCR but fails because it says different version , just press ignore , now it continues install the PP3 , you have to ok manually the installation of the TUSB driver , at the end the Application auto launches .....

Just fired up PP3 and its ready to accept login credentials so you can get access to the software module for the board your using .

Frequency response is quoted as good to 180+khz with 384/32 sample/bit rate .
Does look like a powerful test system .

I tried to get a peek at pricing but seems like I'd have had to sign up with Ali-ex to do so .
Software and Apps relating to E1's products I tried to download for a look but the link didnt seem to work .
Looks like a signal conditioning unit and dedicated line level DAC are to follow .

Its exciting stuff though for sure , the ability to be able to precisely calibrate the hardware via
its own control panel before you even start with measurement programs , no pots to twiddle .
Or re-tweak things to suit ambient temperature at your location etc .

Looks like its the product we've been waiting for ,

From Archie's blog ,

'Ivans Cosmos ADC represents truly a "new world" of opportunity to go beyond the usual subjective evaluation of audio gear at a minimal cost of admission. This is as good an invitation to democratize and empower high-quality measurements by hobbyists as I have ever seen.'

Hopefully our discussions here contributed .

The Cosmos board even sports an I2s header so an alternative USB interface might be an option if the Comtrue Asio doesnt work out with REW .

The unit is to be available in one of several grades , factory selected and calibrated as some specimens of the ADC chip perform better by a few db than others .

While its use as a general purpose soundcard input is limited by the low input impedence it will still make a excellent audio interface when driven by typical studio gear . The four pole mini jack on the front panel provides further attenuation up 43V rms , the nice thing is it comes with its own load setting resistor board and a cable with hook probes

Attachments

• E1DA.GIF
    E1DA.GIF
    33.2 KB · Views: 21
Price displays as 151 euros on that site even though 139 US should translate to 120 euros , maybe its the tax isnt included in the US price . Definately on my Christmas stocking filler list .

Latest posts

Back