[BUILD] 1176LN Rev D DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps I can get this to work:

http://stores.sacelec.com/sacramentoelectronics/detail.jsp?attribute3=Attenuators&category=Audio%2FVideo&subcategory=Accessories&-skipRows=13

Edited: This link now points to the next item listed in the category as the item is no longer available on the site.

This place is only 20 miles away from me. What are the chances.

[quote author="ap123"]Perhaps I can get this to work:

http://stores.sacelec.com/sacramentoelectronics/detail.jsp?attribute3=Attenuators&category=Audio%2FVideo&subcategory=Accessories&-skipRows=13

This place is only 20 miles away from me. What are the chances.[/quote]

Looks like the real deal to me. Give it a go.

i used this one at the output att. in my cca la1d clone. beware they re big. 42mm diameter and 55 mm long.
keep us in touch.
ps edanderson in this black market thread
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=21452
have sold omeg tpad : "3 600ohm non-bridged T-pads - $8ea SOLD
i had these made by omeg, similar to the purple mc77 t-pad
they work fine, but i hate the plastic shaft, and i don't like the feel "
maybe a group buy from omeg could be done......
:wink: audioforge

These ones from ap123 are not Omeg. They are Clarostat which have a solid feel and metal shaft. Price around $30 is very reasonable.

Funny, but the link is now showing a 1000 ohm part. Maybe the 600s sold out? Or they have dynamic URLs that change all the time.

ap123, please fill in your location information. Where are you located, near Sacramento?

Yes. I noticed that earlier and intended to come back and remove the link. I think when one item sells out it goes to the next item in the category. You are correct there was only 1 in stock. I called and asked about more and he checked his network of surplus parts and nothing turned up. He mentioned being in some group of surplus electronics suppliers that share inventory resources.

Yes. I am about 20 minutes east of Sacramento. I will fill in the location info sorry about that.

Edited: I also wanted to add that Leed's Radio in NY has some T pads listed on their site. I emailed them and they do claim to have one in stock for $52. I don't know any more details on it.

Thanks. Well, I think we've covered this now.

You gots choices. 1) Contact that ebay seller in the chance he still has some. 2) Track down supplies of that Clarostat part, (I think it was part number CIT 600)? 3) Build one yourself, maybe something like NYDave's idea(s) or in the separate 600 ohm T thread http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=10593&sid=d16418abcfe1519b3eaa955c39721c1c.

Or... 4) think beyond the world of 600 ohms.

Choices choices.

Once other guys get further into their builds you may also be seeing different takes on it.

Remember to think different. Innovation leads to new things, new sound.

Back to building. Good luck. Hope it was helpful.

Cheers.

just want to say real quick though that there's a whole circuit behind those first two parts, and it was designed by a very bright man who intended it to work a certain way, and there are a bunch of loose threads about things that 'don't work the way i want,' 'don't work the way they should,' or 'doesnt sound as cool as the one at my dude's studio' etc etc

one way or another, I can't expect to replace parts in a schematic that had gone through 4, 5, 6, 7, whatever revisions and expect the world.... and man, with the time i've realized it takes to build stuff really well, if i can't get a part or can't pay the price, i'm not going to spend the time anymore.

so thats all.... there's nothing wrong with a 5532 input 1176. it sounds wonderful to my ears. i mean thats probably what happened to urei... the same thing that happens to me... "these attenuators are getting really expensive" and instead of slapping on something that might work, they used a chip. big deal... if i find at a good price some old 600 ohm t attenuators, i'll use em.... if i find enough spare cash to buy new ones, i'll buy a pair. but i'm not gonna put any time into a rev d 1176 without em.

/rant

i think that a fet compressor with input and output transformer would be an awesome thing to have. abosolutely.... and actually, the adr stuff is perfect example. high-ish, maybe even 10k, input impedance, 600 out, standard easy to get transformers, all pots are just 'pots'

setup is probably a little tougher, but it can't be that bad.

i've been wanting to try and make a board for adr f600 for a while now, i have a scan of a friends pcb, and tons of notes, and some awesome pics from kid squid, maybe i should get off my ass

not that innovation isnt a wonderful idea.... i'm just not smart enough to intelligently innovate

too much to learn from the classics yet

Hey guys, I've been reading this thread with a lot of interest. I just noticed an ebay for 10 Mallory T600 attenuators. Maybe we can all benefit from this if one wins the auction and divides the final price by 10 plus shipping to sell to the rest of us?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120098046095&fromMakeTrack=true

-Joel

I will bid on them and we can go from there, I will start with a max of $200 and we can hope they end for allot less than that. Bids up, please don't jack up the price as it will raise the price of the units here. I want 3 of them. so there would be 7 left up for grabs after the auction.

[quote author="kazper"]I will bid on them and we can go from there, I will start with a max of $200 and we can hope they end for allot less than that. Bids up, please don't jack up the price as it will raise the price of the units here. I want 3 of them. so there would be 7 left up for grabs after the auction.[/quote]

I would definitely like two please.

-Joel

I already offered him $250 through a buy it now but he didn't respond. I was just going to resell them on the black market for $25/pop.

Someone will need to snipe the auction so you should all settle on a lone sniper :twisted: You can't win an auction unless you're around to bid in the last 10 seconds...unfortunately...ugh...I miss 1997.

cool. Let's see how it goes and we will work it out when we get there.

I went to a place today in portland and I really need to go back and look with a multi-meter at some of the pads they have in there shop. It's a amazing little place that is like it is in a time capsule. I did manage to grab a 19" rack case that will do the trick for my PM1000 thats been collecting dust.
I also grabbed a few tubes for my lA2A, G9 and Pultec upcoming projects.

If any locals are interested it called R5D3 and you need to go there with allot of time to spare.

hi i saw this malory tpad on ebay yesterday.as leeds didn t have anymore thoses i need one for a la1d tube limiter (output pad).they are wirewound and handle 10w .a better application for such a circuit than a 1176 inputpad.
please keep me one....
audioforge

Back