[BUILD] 1176LN Rev D DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you have the CT from the power transformer's secondaries connected to the star ground? if not, try that...
Cheers,

Eddie

hey question guys, i was calibrating my rev d and got to the tracking adjust stage in GR Mode and all of a sudden it just stops compressing.

now it's not showing compression in +4 mode and GR mode the needle wont move from all the way left.  also having to crank the input and output to get to 0 in +4.  The only way i can get compression and gain back to normal is to go all buttons in, but still nothing is moving in GR mode.

any advice, think i need a new ratio board? 

guitarwill said:
hey question guys, i was calibrating my rev d and got to the tracking adjust stage in GR Mode and all of a sudden it just stops compressing.

now it's not showing compression in +4 mode and GR mode the needle wont move from all the way left.  also having to crank the input and output to get to 0 in +4.  The only way i can get compression and gain back to normal is to go all buttons in, but still nothing is moving in GR mode.

Are you sure your Q-Bias is set right?

Sounds like maybe your Q-Bias is off.  If you switch GR off (short pad 22 to ground) does your output go up?

Echo North said:
guitarwill said:

Are you sure your Q-Bias is set right?

Sounds like maybe your Q-Bias is off.  If you switch GR off (short pad 22 to ground) does your output go up?

I had exactly this problem :) and I searched 40 days  ;D what was it !

Now it works ! rock it !

Cheers,

Maybe a broken switch?

Removing the wires from the switch and twist 22 and GRN* together for GR on and then 22 and BLK (Ground) together for GR off.

*Please note GRN on the ratio board stands for "Green" which was the color of wire they used, not ground.  BLK is ground.

Mike

i replaced the q bias trim and the ratio board and it's showing compression again.  however in the last calibration step i can get the 10db swing in +4 mode but when i goto GR and move the jumper for tracking adjust the needle just goes all the way left and the trim adjust doesn't move the needle at all.  any advice?

I recently made a Mouser order using the Hairball cart and C1 (Wima, 1uF, 100v, 5%) was out of stock so I substituted a Wima 1uF, 63v, 10% cap. I am going to be ok using this or do I need to order the the original cap which is now in stock?

jordan s said:
I recently made a Mouser order using the Hairball cart and C1 (Wima, 1uF, 100v, 5%) was out of stock so I substituted a Wima 1uF, 63v, 10% cap. I am going to be ok using this or do I need to order the the original cap which is now in stock?

You'll be fine!

jordan s said:
(Wima, 1uF, 100v, 5%) was out of stock so I substituted a Wima 1uF, 63v, 10% cap. I am going to be ok using this or do I need to order the the original cap which is now in stock?

While I respect what Mike is trying to do with creating a ready to go BOM, has it really come to this?

Please guys, do some reading, use your brains, learn something and build something cool.

Mark

Sorry guys, I'm a fool. I was just worried about substituting a lower voltage capacitor, especially since the file you linked says, "you can always use a higher voltage capacitor but never a lower voltage." I guess that's incorrect?

Back