[BUILD] All things RackNeve

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow my pic wasn't posted so here again for hopefully a better look.

I didn't connect any LED on the pcb. Oh damn why so many mistakes on this one. The main pcbs went super fine.

Attachments

• A2857374-E0CE-4B61-AE72-CABAF412DF37.jpeg
    A2857374-E0CE-4B61-AE72-CABAF412DF37.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
This is so difficult to correlate from the photo to the actual PCB. I stared at the pic for like 20 minutes and I can't draw the instructions on your photo. I'm including the correct layout in hope that you can (having the board at hand) figure out what was damaged
1660854197915.png
EQ boards are more fussy than the main board because of many fine connections and wiring.

Really sorry to bother. Well i think its pretty safe to say W from rv2 is destroyed aswell as 205L and also 205E.
They are all lifted and was hoping i can bridge that somehow.

You can tie to any point that is left "alive". 205L and rv2_W end up at the switch, so you can solder your wires there. 205E should be easy to connect to as well - it has a resistors pad nearby. All those pads are external connectors, so you can't install components and use their wires as a link. But I don't see huge problems here.

Sounds good! Please let me know where exactly to connect 205L and rv2 to the switch, like to any of the switch leg pins and to wich of the switches?
205E i ll put to the next resistor then.

very happy to hear its fixable.

Ahi get it. 205 L and W to inner pin 7 as in ur graph.
Ok thanks!!

Last edited:
Going to get this done this week finaly and wanted to ask sth more general.
any advices on putting the whole assembly in a case wich houses synth moduels (eurorack) in terms of isolation and safety? Plastic standoffs of course but otherwise?

can you receomend the most simple way of adding a headphones out to the 1073 post EQ?

any advices on putting the whole assembly in a case wich houses synth moduels (eurorack) in terms of isolation and safety?
Any metal enclosure should be fine. No need for plastic stand-offs, but if you have them handy - why not. Make sure you connect your enclosure to the safety earth, and if connect the signal ground of your circuit to chassis in a single point. You can take the ground output of your PSU and connect it to chassis, this should be fine in most cases.

can you receomend the most simple way of adding a headphones out to the 1073 post EQ?
The simplest way is just to take a parallel feed from the transformer output and connect it to the headphone amp. Given that the input impedance of the headphone amp is 10k or something like that, it should not affect the performance in any way.

Any metal enclosure should be fine. No need for plastic stand-offs, but if you have them handy - why not. Make sure you connect your enclosure to the safety earth, and if connect the signal ground of your circuit to chassis in a single point. You can take the ground output of your PSU and connect it to chassis, this should be fine in most cases.

The simplest way is just to take a parallel feed from the transformer output and connect it to the headphone amp. Given that the input impedance of the headphone amp is 10k or something like that, it should not affect the performance in any way.
Ok so screwing a ground point to chasis, find ground point on preamp pcb, connect it to that chasis ground point, my psu is just a piwerbank to a DC plug, so taking the negativ of that also tomthe chasis ground point? Sorry i am bad with grounding logic.

i just want to make sure my other equipment (12v and 9v) arent affected by the 24 of the pre/eq and that i dont get any ground loops.

Your powerbank is floating, so it doesn't care about what you connect to chassis. If you don't have any connection to the mains power, you are not required to ground your enclosure, but it's still a good idea to connect it to ground because this way you get proper shielding from EMI and other crap.
So take a negative output from your powerbank and connect it to chassis. That's all you need to do.

Your other equipment won't be affected, because 1290 is transformer isolated on both input and output. The only remote possibility of ground loop is your headphone amp connection. But don't worry about it now. Get the thing working first. Small steps.

Are these kits still available, and if so, what transformers can be used with the 12413 kits? Thanks.
Everything that is listed "in stock" on the site is available. Payment is via crypto only, shipping is via regular mail.
For 12413 we use Cinemags, but you can use any output transformer of your choice (as it's mounted off-board).

Latest posts

Back