Building a M49 with a turret board inside a Tbone sct 700 Body with 6S6B-V Triode

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you even tried using the search function on this forum?

https://groupdiy.com/search/135313/?q=m49+6s6b&o=relevance
Yes many times I have build a Tbone 700 with a 6s6b. I’m building a Tbone 700 with the advanced audio advises group.
I have build a km84 with 3U audio transformers. I have find way to to build circuit with turet board and gommets. This took me lots of time to find the good tools and component gommets etc…I have built the Akg p220 with the styroflex, it sounds incredible. I stil have a lot of things to learn. Next goal is to learn how to make my circuit boards on turrets from schematics. Thank you. What ever you think I ‘m a total beginner. I need help. I need encouragement
And understanding. Thank you best regards

Rivets set in the pcb material will more than suffice to hold the components , tags or turrets are way to clunky and ham fisted .

Ball Grommets from mini drone anti vibration mounts are made for loads in the range of 5-15 grams , nice supple silicone rubber material , incredibly good isolation at all frequencies .
Your typical black cable grommet like I used in my example to hold the tube to the sub assembly doesnt contribute much to acoustic isolation .In the longer term that grommet in close proximity to heat will turn to liquid , again its for the test bench so long term useage wasnt a consideration

Last edited:
Acrylic might look nice but PTFE performs better , I cant be bothered making a clone ,
Very nice work all the same TLRT .
How do the K47 and Theirsh style capsules differ ?

5899 tube was what I used in the modded Beh B-1 cathode follower you saw , same pinout as the 5840 ,
fairly similar tube in any case ,

I have a newer version with ptfe washers drilled radially to accomodate the tube pinouts but its away in a box somewhere I cant get to just now .

I have a beautiful Tbone PSU
I would like to make a cardiode version of the M49 microphone from Olivier Archut with a 6S6B-V triode on Tbone sct 700 Body
I need help to build my turret board. I really don't know how to organize my turret board from schematic. i know there is a way of putting the ground in the middle, and than spread the component around it like a star. i have few 6S6B-V Triode. Can someone help to make a drawing of the map of this turret bord i need help to build this project. i think it could be great to build M49 with those 6S6B-V triodes. Peace! Papa Tango Charly

That's my turret board first experimentation.... it works well

View attachment 100052
I have a Flea M49 I bought yrs ago and I still have my Neumann M249.Thing is the 249 is sitting in the locker for the Flea M49 is spot on.Lovely.Perfecto.Have FleaU47’s,12’s n FET47’s.Got them direct when prices were 3k n under.Sorting out a clone U67 n can’t wait to hear it for overhead drums n grand piano Cheers

I have a Flea M49 I bought yrs ago and I still have my Neumann M249.Thing is the 249 is sitting in the locker for the Flea M49 is spot on.Lovely.Perfecto.Have FleaU47’s,12’s n FET47’s.Got them direct when prices were 3k n under.Sorting out a clone U67 n can’t wait to hear it for overhead drums n grand piano Cheer

I have a Flea M49 I bought yrs ago and I still have my Neumann M249.Thing is the 249 is sitting in the locker for the Flea M49 is spot on.Lovely.Perfecto.Have FleaU47’s,12’s n FET47’s.Got them direct when prices were 3k n under.Sorting out a clone U67 n can’t wait to hear it for overhead drums n grand piano Cheers
Do you think you can give me few pics of the inside of your FLEA thank you

Thank you for all your answers

Technical specifications: of 6S6B-V is

• Heating voltage: 6.3 V
  • Anode voltage: 120 V
  • Grid bias voltage: -2 V
  • Heating current: 200 ± 20 mA
  • Current in the anode circuit: 9 ± 2.5 mA
  • The steepness of the characteristic: 5 mA / V
  • Gain 25
  • Input impedance at a frequency of 5 MHz: about 16 kOhm
  • Service life: not less than 5000 hours
1670797255724.png
`Capture d’écran 2022-12-11 à 22.34.58.png

The

0n the schematic of Olivier Archut
The is a tube 5840 has 3 grid and the 6S6B-V has 3 grid and it the heater run on 6V

The 6S6B it run on 6.3V is there anything to change here?
Is there some changes i can do on Olivier Archut Schematic

To connect the 6S6B-V in this circuit i should connect
1 / the Anode goes to R4 and pin 5
2/ heater + To Pin 4
3/ Heater - to R3
4/ Grid to the front plate
5/ Plate K goes to pin 5

Is that right?

Thank You

You should try 5718. Really nice in an m49 circuit…same cathode/anode resistor values as AC701.
Also I see you use an mkt as an output cap. This cap emphasises a little the mids and highs are more laidback. A nice MP cap will make your mic sound more “alive”
Where should i put the is MP cap wish one is this cap ?
Do you have a schematic of your M49?
I would like to try this out
Thank you

Hello everyone. Thank you for your post.
I met an engineer who can help me to place my circuit point by point circuit or create a PCB.
We need a schematic to build this M49 mic around a 6S6B-V triode.
I found a Bv11 from Mic&Mod that can be placed flat in a mic body The Alctron GT-2B or Tbone SCT 700.
I bought a PSU from them and easily corrected to get a 6.3V heater.
I have a M7 3U capsule from Guosheng
I would like to know which schematic I should use to build my circuit around a 6S6B-V triode.
There are several schematic options on the net.
Olivier Archut M49-alternative with a 5940 tube.
The original schematic of the M49C.
Could you tell me which schematic I should use to start my M49C project.
Do you have an idea of the components to change on one of these schematics to use the 6S6B-V triode with a simple PSU.
I thank you in advance for your support. Best regards.

Back