Can't get DIY condenser to work

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reatomico

Hi!

I bought and put together a Small Diaphragm Condenser upgrade from microphoneparts.com.  It upgrades the mxl 603s.  I went through all the trouble shooting in the manual.  All the test points show the right voltage etc and everything was seemingly put on the board properly.  I have been emailing back and forth with the owner of the website as well.  I feel bad bothering him so much, and wanted to see if someone here might be able to help.

I really don't know much about electronics and this is the first time I have soldered something together.  I don't have any clue as to why all the tests that are recommended are showing that the microphone should work, but it isn't working.  Is there a way that I can learn more about the microphone and how it works so that I can run additional tests and figure it out on my own?

If anyone is interested in helping, I can post pictures of the microphone and the tests. 

Thanks,

Mike

Latest posts

Back