• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Cheap rack enclosures

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoontex

Hello,

Does anyone know of a online store ( Europe ) with cheap rack enclosures?

Thanks!

Are you looking for a rack bay, or a rack housing ? for the latter, I am SUPER HAPPY with Modushop in Italy, great service, great prices, great quality and they can be customized.

Many thanks for the suggestions. The reason of this post is why in my projects the enclosure and finish is about 60 or 70% of the total cost of the project. Electronics is my hobby, it's not a professional job. I'm searching the way to lower costs. It's obvious that I search a balance between low cost and acceptable aesthetic. But the racks that I bought cost around, 70 or 80€ without professional finishes and without shipment cost.

Could build your own. Just need rack rails -- although some say that mounting into wood rails is also good cos it isolates the cases from one another.

I sometimes reuse old cases of junk/decommissioned gear. Doesn't get any cheaper than that. Once racked it doesn't matter at all, cos not visible. And they come with power socket etc etc -- (Just stay away from a few brands, like Behringer cases, which are utterly useless.)

[I also do my own faceplates, which is another cost factor. But faceplates are time consuming, so rather fun to me than based on a decision to save money.]

Hello,

Does anyone know of a online store ( Europe ) with cheap rack enclosures?

Thanks!

This is a manufacturer of rack cases, it's not an online store per se but they sell direct, so you can send an email and make an order.
They are based in Portugal and the prices are great, cases are cheap

https://www.varisom.com/

Some of their products, photos from the old site, the new site there's no photos of products, but they still produce these rack cases:
(numbers are HxWxD)

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 00.26.26.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 00.26.35.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 00.28.10.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 00.28.14.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 00.28.20.png

Latest posts

Back