Check this custom desk

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo chambers at capitol studios...

306216d1345733523-sinatras-vocal-chain-chamber.jpg

Echo chambers at sunset sound
07_Studio_Facilities.jpg

Love it pucho, more money in the echo chamber equipment than many put into their whole system. 

emrr said:
Love it pucho, more money in the echo chamber equipment than many put into their whole system.

Me too, the chambers although use the same play back system, they sound completely different due to design and  mics chosen. I don't know what mics are used in the capitol chambers, I think they may be altec as well.

ruffrecords said:
If you troll through their Facebook pics there are some interesting ones showing the construction of the modules.

Cheers

Ian

Just did this...

Wow!

I am surprised no one on this board knows these guys. I wonder if they are members here? One of them was supposedly at AES showing off a tube compressor. Would love to know what the inspiration for the console is.

Oh, and I would love to know how on earth this studio survives in todays recording market.  8)

iampoor1 said:
Just did this...

Wow!

I am surprised no one on this board knows these guys. I wonder if they are members here? One of them was supposedly at AES showing off a tube compressor. Would love to know what the inspiration for the console is.

Oh, and I would love to know how on earth this studio survives in todays recording market.  8)

Well Doesn't survive unfortunately, like any other bigger facility  with expensive equipment.
Recording studios that survive nowadays  fall into one this these models:

- Owner has a rich background

- The Breakeven of the big initial and main investment was long achieved, before 2000. So the studio keeps running as long as no more big investments/improvements need to be done

- The Studio investment is a money Laundry Scheme

I know examples of both scenarios, the first one is the most common one

We used to use this setup for monitoring
back in the late 70s... :)  Don't think you would want to
mix with setup these days but that rig sounded FABULOUS.

nearfields.jpg

Note that these 1005 and 1505 horns are tar filled and weighted a ton!! ;)
The tar filled horns sound VERY SMOOTH with 288C drivers.
The 1005B and 1505B horns are much more common and are not
tar filled.  These "B" horns sounded a bit honky and weighed about
25% as much and commonly used the 291 driver.

GARY

gar381 said:
We used to use this setup for monitoring
back in the late 70s... :)  Don't think you would want to
mix with setup these days but that rig sounded FABULOUS.

I would love to have those so I could mix on them!!!!!!!

Uh, yeah Gary, that's a FUN rig to listen to.  Sign me up. 

I have Klipsch La Scala with a bunch of modern upgrades in the living room at home, they do FUN pretty well too, and loud.  Such high sensitivity you almost need a volume control on your volume control to do quiet without getting into the low cut-off of most stereo pots. 

Latest posts

Back