CL-1B

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chriss,

funny you should mention this as I´m looking for the CL1B schem as well..I was just about to write a post askin` for it :grin:

Kind regards

Peter

Hey Peter

I'm not interested in cloning this thing just to use it as an information for my research.
Also some info, pics, schem for the Pendooloom OCL optical comp would be great. :grin:

chrissugar

[quote author="chrissugar"]Hey Peter

I'm not interested in cloning this thing just to use it as an information for my research.
chrissugar[/quote]

Hey Cris,

Me to man ;-)

I PM´ed you ;-)

Kind regards

Peter

I'll see if I can dig it up this week. It'll show everything except for the gain reduction cell, I think. It's been so long since I've look at it. They've just got a little black box idea going.

Michael

Yep, there's a un-documented "black-box" around the actual opto part. I suspect this has to do with a dB/V conversion scheme for predictable gain reduction versus voltage...

CL1B is claimed to be electronically identical to CL1A - but they don't sound the same..? Maybe "updated" transformers?

Jakob E.

[quote author="MHanson"]I'll see if I can dig it up this week. It'll show everything except for the gain reduction cell, I think. It's been so long since I've look at it. They've just got a little black box idea going.

Michael[/quote]

Hi Michael,

that would be very nice of you..hope you´ll be able to find it ;-)

Kind regards

Peter

[quote author="gyraf"]CL1B is claimed to be electronically identical to CL1A - but they don't sound the same..? Maybe "updated" transformers?

Jakob E.[/quote]

Yep, I think they say tubes in/out for the A/B. But there definately seems to be more. Just like the CL2B is completely diff again.

I'm still working on this. I found the preamp (MB1??) but not the CL1B yet.

Michael

MB1 would also be interesting - I only have my own reverse-engineered schematic for that..

Could I get a copy?

gyrafaudio at gmail dot com

Jakob E.

Hey Michael,

It would be great to find and scan the CL1B. Also if possible the MB1.
Thank you.

chrissugar

[quote author="Lukpio"]Hello,

Chrissugar and Peter Simonsen, check your email boxes.[/quote]

`yo Lukpio,

This is juuust Greaaaat..!!!

Kind regards

Peter

[quote author="gyraf"]..and please remember to forward it to yours truely..

:razz:[/quote]

naaaarrrghhh...!!!..check yours truely mailbox then...*;-)

Kind regards

Peter

Back