Console Frame Shipping From UK to USA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gltech

Hey guys, I'm wanting an empty G2520 frame that a guy in the UK has. Has anybody done anything similar, or does anybody have any info, advice or ideas? Can it be done without costing a fortune? I am near Atlanta and Nashville, and have trucks and manpower to get it from a (preferably southeast) US port.
Thanks!
-gl

It's possible to ship a car for less than $1000, so I'd think a console frame should be half that. There are plenty of shipping agents who will be able to help, and some may have space available. I would think it would fit nicely in a bit of spare space in a container

Southampton on the South Coast is one of the biggest UK shipping ports and there will be container & other ships leaving there daily.  It's 85 miles from central London

Might be worth emailing a few UK console manufacturers or vendors like Funky Junk to see if anyone has a shipping crate of approximately the correct size

Nick Froome

Hi gl,

It can be done. wooden creates and plenty of padding.
The last heavy shipment I have did was from NY to Dublin Irl. A half ton.
It was at sea for a month and sat at dock for just under a week as it was waiting for space in a container.

It was with DHL Freight and cost just over 700€ including full insurance for 15k.
It might have changed since then.

There will be plenty of freight companies operating out of your desired port so might be worth having a look see.

Hope it helps.

Peter

It's been awhile, but I recall that you will save a lot, maybe half, if you can pick it up at port of entry, versus having a secondary carrier bring it to destination.

Back