COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid isnt the only nasty doing the rounds in hospitals though , you also have several strains of antibiotic resistant bacteria .

Weird weekly variation in deaths and new case reports in USA (worldometer). I doubt it reflects reality - maybe lower counts after each weekend's time off work?

Attachments

• covid-variation.jpg
    covid-variation.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 9
crazydoc said:
Weird weekly variation in deaths and new case reports in USA (worldometer). I doubt it reflects reality - maybe lower counts after each weekend's time off work?

Those variations exist in a similar pattern for pretty much every country I looked at. Just an artifact of the weekly cycle.

Thing is, to treat people the way we do at the moment we need a prosperous economy, so they go hand in hand. Willing to sacrifice the economy, putting at risk future generations, when we look at how much of our health system is actually owned by big pharma, all that to save a very tiny percentage of older and in most cases already sick is a very difficult argument to win.
Of course it's sad to lose someone, we all have but our death rate is still 100% no matter the virus. We will all die.

We've been sheltered from death for long now and our relationship to it has changed, what we should be in peace with and understand as the only true outcome is almost unthinkable now. We have extended life so much that we are not letting people die the way they want to. And we are afraid to get people sick, but it's a normal cycle.
No one does anything regarding pollution, sugar consumption etc... we still drive our cars to work, buy plastic by tons, smoke, eat sugar even though we are putting ourselves and more people at risk.

Tubetec said:
Covid isnt the only nasty doing the rounds in hospitals though , you also have several strains of antibiotic resistant bacteria .
So far they haven't become wipe resistant AFAIK, and soap and water still works, not to kill them but loosen and wash them away.

I am still optimistic about far UVc (short wavelength UV light that doesn't harm humans). Still nascent technology.

JR

Talking about unintended consequences, the eradication efforts WRT to Tuberculosis are taking a serious hit due to measures taken because of Covid-19:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/may/06/millions-develop-tuberculosis-tb-covid-19-lockdown

living sounds said:
Talking about unintended consequences, the eradication efforts WRT to Tuberculosis are taking a serious hit due to measures taken because of Covid-19:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/may/06/millions-develop-tuberculosis-tb-covid-19-lockdown

wow incredible, have you seen this ? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-children-un-idUSKBN21Y2X7?fbclid=IwAR291GklBanSoaoqp0esKaawEUXkRha-TESEjhiaWl3Z54lk3zsXUp0BQUo

An we don't talk about suicide rates that will increase due to job losses and debts that cannot be paid. In France at least, they're not saving everyone, the government said it...

We'll see what kills more, covid19 or its extreme measures repercussions...

living sounds said:

With health care shut down for non-Covid illnesses, many other maladies remain under treated.  The prediction about TB is one of several that could be made. I am optimistic there will be positive changes too (maybe less flu).

JR

JohnRoberts said:
With health care shut down for non-Covid illnesses, many other maladies remain under treated.  The prediction about TB is one of several that could be made. I am optimistic there will be positive changes too (maybe less flu).

JR

Makes sense, could be less flu with social distancing and overall hygiene increase.

Most definitely less flu in Japan this  year, effectively since late January when China put an unprecedented, radical ban on all outbound group tourism ((Chinese lunar new year travels). Read here:
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/01/27/business/economy-business/japan-china-virus-outbound-group-travel-ban/

A lot of Chinese group tourism for Lunar new year is to Japan but not exclusively. Anyway, people in Japan were alarmed  (not as much as in Vietnam though) and  started softer forms of social distancing around that time.

No matter what way it pans out ,its win win win for Big Pharma and as its share price and sales go up it'll suck everything else down the pipes at the same time.

A few months back here in Ireland they passed legislation banning negative commentary on vacinations ,a sweet heart deal between government ,now caretaker government , big pharma and social media A.I.
So what next ,manditory vacination and microchipping under public health legislation ?

Heres an article by a seasoned veteran in data protection issues here in Ireland relating to the covid tracing app.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/cianan-brennan-ireland-gets-it-right-for-the-wrong-reason-998305.html

The same government department who seems to be managing (very poorly) the building of the new software app have long history of obfuscation in relation to public data protection issues surrounding the biometric data of 3.2 million people in Ireland and the 'public services card' . I personally have been witholding my own biometric data from the department of social welfare for over three years, and its only in the last month that the department involved has even admitted that they are processing peoples data biometrically . It also turns out now that the Garda Siochana or Irish police force have been quietly collecting and processing biometric data for years , Ive been bringing this to the attention of locally elected representatives, like minded activists and civil liberties campaigners  lately ,and low and behold the garda comissioner in a recent online meeting with the Policing Authority was forced into revealing he had 3000 Samsung Galaxy 10 smart phones plus 1500 smaller smart phones issued to members of the force . These so called 'mobility devices'  are set to come under new traffic control legislation which will come before parliment when a new government coalition is formed . As of yet theres no admission that the force itself is and has been using biometric and dna techniques for years already, but I know it to be true .

I have to be on my best behaviour with all this going on , aside from hours everyday writing letters and trying to raise awareness ,one tiny step out of line ,like for instance trying to score a dime bag of the beneficial herb could be the reason the forces of law and order need to throw the book at me for trying to prevent them using their new tech toys .

As Sergeant Phil Esterhaus of Hill Street Blues used say ,
'Hey, lets be carefull out there'  ;)

DQ

Read a Washington Post article about Sweden’s covid method of non closure.  It’s probably been written about in this 43 page thread somewhere.   

There reason for no shutdown was that the fastest way to herd immunity is let the disease infect.  Based on the fact that tracking and shutdown are meaningless with carriers showing no signs.  So at risk people need to isolate and would be helped by government assistance but otherwise let it run its course. 

Sweden also supposedly has medical equipment needed and other than Stockholm is fairly rural and isolated anyway.  Probably old news for many contributors in this thread. 

Here are fda.gov results of antibody test accuracy:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/emergency-situations-medical-devices/eua-authorized-serology-test-performance

None of them are super accurate but most are 90%+ and false-positives are all <1%.

squarewave said:
Here are fda.gov results of antibody test accuracy:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/emergency-situations-medical-devices/eua-authorized-serology-test-performance

None of them are super accurate but most are 90%+ and false-positives are all <1%.

yahoo said:
The U.S. went from having no tests, or assays, available for COVID-19 diagnostics to having multiple different tests available in a span of just a few weeks. Today more than 230 test developers have alerted the Food and Drug Administration that they are requesting emergency authorization for their tests; 20 have been granted. And 110 laboratories around the country, including my own, are also using their own tests. Having this number of diagnostic tests available to detect a single virus in such a short time frame is unprecedented.
https://news.yahoo.com/many-covid-19-tests-us-123134349.html

We still do not know how trustworthy these various tests that haven't been vetted yet are...

[update- saw a report about Low serum Vit D being correlated with cytokine storm... not a formal clinical analysis but suggests that sun exposure is not a bad thing for at risk population.. No specific data about vit D levels in Covid patients but a related study  https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.08.20058578v3

I think I'll go outside cut my grass......  /update]

[edit- talked to my neighbor, the pharmacist, and he again repeated that he is seeing shortages in many common medicines (BP, diabetes, etc). It seems with less people visiting doctors for non-covid reasons, the opposite should be happening  /edit]

JR

PS: My cheap chinese face masks arrived today almost exactly 1 month later.  ::) The package is labelled disposable masks, not how it was described in the order.

Zinc supplements are an old school cold/flu remedy.... I just found an old bottle of 50mg pills in my cupboard (expired 2004).

Modern DV (daily value) for tired old men like me is 11mg a day, since I take 2x one a day vitamins I should(?) be getting 22mG (but made in china vitamins so who knows). I happen to have three different bottles of vitamins around and they disagree over DV, and content. The newest bottle provides 15mg (136%), while one of the older bottles calls 11mg only 73% DV... Reading between the lines, perhaps 15mg is the new 100% DV, or coincidence.

Back to zinc  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2973827/
from abstract said:
Increasing the intracellular Zn2+ concentration with zinc-ionophores like pyrithione (PT) can efficiently impair the replication of a variety of RNA viruses, including poliovirus and influenza virus. For some viruses this effect has been attributed to interference with viral polyprotein processing. In this study we demonstrate that the combination of Zn2+ and PT at low concentrations (2 µM Zn2+ and 2 µM PT) inhibits the replication of SARS-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and equine arteritis virus (EAV) in cell culture.

So long story short takes your vitamins, and maybe catch some sunlight (for natural VitD).

Foods with zinc;  animal meat and seafood, seeds and nuts, lentils, milk/yogurt/cheese, even chocolate. 

Be well...

JR

If no sun is aviable and supplements are at hand, avoid vitamin D2 (synthetic) and stick to D3. Also avoid synthetic vitamin E.

evil grill said:
If no sun is aviable and supplements are at hand, avoid vitamin D2 (synthetic) and stick to D3. Also avoid synthetic vitamin E.
+1 always take care with fat soluble vitamins like those.

Our body manufactures natural vit D in the lower layers of our skin's epidermis energized by UVb (280-315nm) ultraviolet light from sunlight. 

Our body purges out excess water soluble vitamins like vit C into our urine, excess fat soluble vitamins accumulate in our fat mass. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

JR

manulaudic said:
Thing is, to treat people the way we do at the moment we need a prosperous economy, so they go hand in hand. Willing to sacrifice the economy, putting at risk future generations, when we look at how much of our health system is actually owned by big pharma, all that to save a very tiny percentage of older and in most cases already sick is a very difficult argument to win.
Of course it's sad to lose someone, we all have but our death rate is still 100% no matter the virus. We will all die.

If this was a shooting war, would anybody be saying something like "well, I guess ISIS is going to end up killing Americans, but really we can't afford a wartime economy"?  I mean, without being beaten to a pulp in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back