COVID-19

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The total emotional detachment from the words coming out of his mouth is uncharacteristic ,lately there does seem to be an attempt by the script writer to try and show empathy with certain people in certain situations , this ends up  looking incredibly disingenuous  as Trump fumbles through his speeches. 
I'd say Bernie could inflict serious damage if he comes face to face with a comfortably numb opponent in a public debate.

dmp said:
Trump is calling this a hoax???
President Trump does not know how to turn the other cheek when personally attacked, and isn't about to start doing that now. When attacked he generally responds in kind but hits back harder than he got.

I will not go down the whataboutism rabbit hole, but my judgement is that he didn't begin the politicization of this... but he will certainly pick up the gauntlet when challenged.

Unfortunately criticizing the administration's handling of this (coronavirus) looks like easy low hanging fruit to primary candidates desperate for media attention, and even to some sitting in congress missing the media spotlight.   

JR

PS: Amusing that President Trump now gets criticized for speaking unemotionally about a serious topic. Don't worry he will amp his emotions back up for his next campaign rally. Try to remember that he was a successful reality TV star, so is skilled above average at managing his personal appearance on camera. He probably didn't practice acting calm during his TV career.  ::)

JohnRoberts said:
As compared to some other typical speech pattern from him? 

You love to pull out the logical fallacies, so go analyze the speech from a logical perspective--see if it is in any way logically coherent.  You're reasonably well informed on coronavirus--see how many errors of fact and baseless conjectures he throws in.  If all you require of Trump is soothing tones and mealymouthed nonsense, then I pity you. 

hodad said:
You love to pull out the logical fallacies, so go analyze the speech from a logical perspective--see if it is in any way logically coherent.  You're reasonably well informed on coronavirus--see how many errors of fact and baseless conjectures he throws in.  If all you require of Trump is soothing tones and mealymouthed nonsense, then I pity you.
I do not listen to President Trump for specific facts... (he has people for that). He generally offers anchors to establish a directional theme, often exaggerated, so they can later be negotiated back to a more sensible or moderate position.

If you hang on his every word listening for factual misstatements to characterize as lies, you will have easy picking.

Enjoy...

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
I do not listen to President Trump for specific facts... (he has people for that). He generally offers anchors to establish a directional theme, often exaggerated, so they can later be negotiated back to a more sensible or moderate position.

If you hang on his every word listening for factual misstatements to characterize as lies, you will have easy picking.

So just to be clear - Trump exaggerates and says incorrect things, and you're cool with that.  OK.

Could you do us the courtesy of applying the same filter to politicians on the other side of the aisle?  Just to be fair?

JohnRoberts said:

Enjoy...

JR

Stunning............

JohnRoberts said:
I mentioned the other day that Gilead already made an experimental vaccine, but testing still takes months to see if it works. That stock (GILD) has popped maybe 20% in last week or so, too hot to touch IMO. Gilead is not the only dog chasing this fox.

JR

I started reading at page 3 because I figured it would go political later.

"There is a Balm in Gilead" is an African American spiritual that made it's way into the Methodist hymnal.  I remember it so well because I was a kid learning music and the hymn wasn't 4/4 in G- it had a key changes, all sorts of time signature changes and rests and sustains n' stuff that everyone was confused singing it.  It is my favorite hymn!

The confusion singing it as I remember it.

An absolutely beautiful arrangement and performance.

Mmmmahalia Jackson. . .

Keep calm, turn off the feevee, and wash yer hands. . .

Mike

JohnRoberts said:

Enjoy...

JR

Its one thing to look for misstatements its quite another to stand before the American public and say that a woman died when it was in fact a man...thats not simply a misstatement that is a dereliction of public trust in a time of mounting crisis.

The one thing I can assure this virus will destroy is incompetence...Trumps re-election hopes are tied to this in ways that will become apparent very soon.

It's ironic that the USA will probably be hit a lot harder. With around 35% of the workforce unable to take paid sick leave, they become a very, very serious infection factor. Add to that that a lot of those poor people are employed in the food and distribution sector...

And if you force them to stay home without pay, it's a double charge on the economy...

AFAICT the US is the only western country affected this way. All others have had paid sick leave since a very long time.

boji said:
Yeah you guys got it bad, I'm sorry to hear things look quasi-scary with the supermarket.  Keep us posted, please, and stay safe!

Actually now people in Sicily are calm since the situation here seems to be under control. 
We have officially 4 infected persons only, they are at hospital but 3 of them are  healed and the other one is near to be healed.
The sicilian  health system was very fast to isolate them to avoid other infected people, BTW the sicilian doctors done more than 100 tests to the people near to the 4 infected ones to be sure.
People here got panic hearing the news from nothern Italy, but only for two days when the infected people there started to grow fast. When the number of new infections on Nothern Italy fell apart, sicilians  became much more relaxed.
The real damage is that a lot of tourists canceled their reservations on the sicilian hotels just basing their evaluations only on news from mainstream .
Just today the Sicilian governor Nello Musumeci checked personally the control system on the largest Sicilian airport, to be sure that any people have to be checked before entering in Sicily.

iomegaman said:
Its one thing to look for misstatements its quite another to stand before the American public and say that a woman died when it was in fact a man...thats not simply a misstatement that is a dereliction of public trust in a time of mounting crisis.

The one thing I can assure this virus will destroy is incompetence...Trumps re-election hopes are tied to this in ways that will become apparent very soon.
That might be the dumbest critique of any president I've seen. You think he lied about the sex of a person who died?  The CDC later said they reported the sex of the victim incorrectly.

My gosh.  The politicization of this is beyond obnoxious.

I started reading at page 3 because I figured it would go political later
I agree. Having read up to page 5 now, I am seriously thinking about stopping to read ...
------
Added:
This is COVID-19, so how about a new thread called POTUS-20  ::)

Oh man. . .
It's Forgiveness Sunday in the Russian church where we have to kiss each other three times while asking for forgiveness.  It's already historically a sickness orgy so I took extra C, zinc, colloidal silver, and oregano oil.
Wish me luck.
Mike

PS: forgive me!

sodderboy said:
Oh man. . .
It's Forgiveness Sunday in the Russian church where we have to kiss each other three times while asking for forgiveness.  It's already historically a sickness orgy so I took extra C, zinc, colloidal silver, and oregano oil.
Wish me luck.
Mike

PS: forgive me!

God forgives! Forgive me a sinner.

Script said:
I agree. Having read up to page 5 now, I am seriously thinking about stopping to read ...
------
Added:
This is COVID-19, so how about a new thread called POTUS-20  ::)
That would be progress over trying to cure POTUS-16 that failed multiple times.....  :eek:

JR

Apparently ilpape was under the weather and displaying flu like symptoms the other day , it didnt stop him touching ,kissing ,coughing and sneezing all over his adoring flock  ;D
maybe its a herd immunity thing.

Attachments

• blind faith.jpeg
    blind faith.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 3
dogears said:
That might be the dumbest critique of any president I've seen. You think he lied about the sex of a person who died?  The CDC later said they reported the sex of the victim incorrectly.

Isn't Trumps administration  in charge of the CDC?

I do not remember this level of incompetence from any former administrations be they GOP or Democrats...it is the banal politicisation of every aspect of this administration, the targeting of whistle-blowers and general BS when it comes to speaking the truth that has contributed to this...

My point is this, if truth is no longer part of what I expect to hear when the POTUS speaks, maybe they should get their sh*t together and try to be truthful, not meander and not be as inaccurate as mold every time they speak...

When it comes to public health you don't want a bunch of mixed signals and mixed messages or the need to later come out in a few hours and "correct" what your department got wrong...

F**king fix it at the source, or better yet say nothing until you have ALL the damn facts and they have been verified.

The desire to constantly be in the spotlight and say things first be they right or wrong is a fucking disease here.

dogears said:
Welcome to the modern political climate.  I expect this to only get worse between now and Nov as the cognitive dissonance grows between partisan spin and reality.

The more I read about human perception and decision making, the easier the disconnect is to understand. Sadly we need to adapt to a changing social climate, accelerated to change even faster by modern media and many millions spent on advertising to buy partisan sentiment. 

I hope everybody can take a breath and calm down. Of course wash your hands and try not to touch your face.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back