D-AOC (Kubi Advanced Version) pics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holger

GDIY Supporter
No glamour shot photos this time.
D-AOC (dressed up as Altec 43x) with white x-mas boards, modded according to Kubi's suggestions: caps changed, 600:10k and 10k:600 Edcor trannies, dual vactrol.
The design goal was to build a twin to my first one
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=26585&start=501
which led to the fact that I've paid more money for an Altec meter than other people would have spend for the entire project...DIY madness...
My first impression is that this compressor is way more snappy and aggressive than the first one. I will compare the two builts next week in my studio. Now I have two beauties  :D
Thanks again to Rowan and Volker for this project.

d-aoc2-front.jpg

d-aoc2-oben.jpg

d.aoc2-seite.jpg

again, what a beauty 8)
and congrats to show the first white christmas edition PCBs alive ;D

note to self: build one Kubi advanced edition ASAP

note to newbies:
don't get fooled by the three yellow / green cables at the back, they DON'T go to ground ;D ;D ;D

[silent:arts] said:
note to newbies:
don't get fooled by the three yellow / green cables at the back, they DON'T go to ground ;D ;D ;D
Touché, Volker  :D
Since some ampere are going through the wires I decided to take some bigger ones. The best I had were the ones that are usually color coded as ground wires...

Where/how do you get the paint job so beautiful?

I've been thinking about asking some car paint shops to prepare several panels for me. Maybe it would be cheap if done alongside their real car projects.

Is that similar to what you've done here as well?

Paint job was done by a little local paint shop. I usually buy a couple of cases and get several panels painted at once.
You idea with the car paint shop could work, assumed they work neatly  ;)

Latest posts

Back