D-AOC PCBs - the building and help Thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a chance and ordered these heat sinks.
Mouser 707-411915B25

Neither the catalog or the manufacturers website gave the pitch of the mounting pegs. The other dimensions seemed right. I have a feeling the boards and the mouser order will arrive about the same time. I hope they fit. If not it's only a $2.50 mistake.

Paul, I posted the exact heat sinks needed, they are now linked from the
first page of this thread !
Farnell have them and also an "undrilled" larger one that I shall use to mount
to the case for the LM350.
I'll cross my fingers that yours will fit though ..

Marty. :wink:

Ooops. Mouser has the onboard one 567-637-20ABP.

They don't have the off board one but I suppose the specific model doesn't matter as much.

[quote author="MikoKensington"]If you want to order the one I had made. The part number is XPWR055.[/quote]

What are the specs on this one? Also, how much does it cost? It would be great to have an inexpensive option in the states.

[quote author="OneRoomStudios"][quote author="MikoKensington"]If you want to order the one I had made. The part number is XPWR055.[/quote]

What are the specs on this one? Also, how much does it cost? It would be great to have an inexpensive option in the states.[/quote]

2 X 115V Primaries.

Secondaries:
220V 0.1A
9V 2.5A
24V 0.5A

I think they are about $45 each.

[quote author="OneRoomStudios"]Sorry, I just realized that the info as posted earlier in this thread. Should we all just order individually from Edcor, or will there be a group buy at some point?[/quote]

Well, I never heard anything back about a price break. So, I can't say if a groupbuy would be beneficial or not. They sent me the part number in an email after I ordered it.

So consider the set-up fee my little gift to the group. With guys sharing the results of many hours of design and experimentation, it's the least I could do. :thumb:

[quote author="MikoKensington"]

2 X 115V Primaries.

Secondaries:
220V 0.1A
9V 2.5A
24V 0.5A

I think they are about $45 each.[/quote]

Hmmm. I think I ordered the wrong one. The one I ordered didn't have the 24V secondary. I better call on Monday.

[quote author="louder"]does the zd 39v need to be 5w?
i have 1w,and if they would do....[/quote]
Pedro, mine (and those in my BOM) are 1,3W.
1W should be fine.

[quote author="[silent:arts]"][quote author="louder"]does the zd 39v need to be 5w?
i have 1w,and if they would do....[/quote]
Pedro, mine (and those in my BOM) are 1,3W.
1W should be fine.[/quote]

Yeah, I got 5w versions and they don't sit "flush" but they do fit in the board.
I don't know where I got the "5 watt" detail from, perhaps just an order
mistake...... over engineered now for sure !

MM.

Just placed a huge Mouser order. Only a few parts left. Anybody on Sinestar's heels yet?

So, this may be a stupid question, but how are you guys wiring your bypass boards?

1. What type of switch?
2. At which lugs on the bypass PCB?
3. One switch for both channels or independent bypasses?

Thanks all. :thumb:

miko' i know you did some hard work sourcing the componenrts for this project . but could you share(copy and paste )your mouser order to the forum. are you using the mk4p s i didnt see them at the correct values at mouser?

Miko, my boards are done, just waiting on the tube sockets and traffo from
Musikding and also the case from tat !!
One issue, I don't have a powerful enough iron to get the damm heatsinks
to solder to the board ..... 'cos they are HUGE heatsinks ..... right !!

:green:

I don't have the time to type it all out. It's a really long list. The 1st page of the Thread has a link to the WIMA info. I'll share what I have when I can get some time to upload some screenshots or something. Photobucket is being an asshole.

I can't guarantee that the components are all right. So, it's not my fault if you order the wrong stuff. It's only my fault if I order the wrong stuff. :green:

Page_1.jpg

Page_2.jpg

Page3.jpg

***THERE ARE A COUPLE EXTRA PARTs FOR OTHER PROJECTS ON HERE*** Check against Volker's basic list on page 1.

[quote author="MartyMart"]One issue, I don't have a powerful enough iron to get the damm heatsinks
to solder to the board ..... 'cos they are HUGE heatsinks ..... right !![/quote]
one tip :green:
try out the heatsink before soldering to the PCB :wink:
desoldering the heatsink is :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:green:

Back