D-EF47 Tribute To Oliver Archut U47 Build Thread.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com is still selling this PCB? It has said out of stock for some time. Maybe I am years too late?

Thank you!
I recently built 2 of these kits … and I just rechecked Dan’s vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com site and the D-EF47 PCB’s are still available on his Orders page …

https://www.vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com/orders.html

Also … you can email Dan directly for current availability …

He is very responsive !

I recently built 2 of these kits … and I just rechecked Dan’s vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com site and the D-EF47 PCB’s are still available on his Orders page …

https://www.vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com/orders.html

Also … you can email Dan directly for current availability …

He is very responsive !
Thank you Jeff! I did write to Dan, who did respond, and it seems the trouble was caused by the relay, which is out of stock— and no longer being made. I removed it from the order and it went through. Thank you again.
PJ

Finished my PSU the other day! Collective cases chassis, pretty tight fit but not too bad with a lot of planning.

Calibrated with 150k and 30 ohms, B+ looked good and H+ was a little high. We'll see how it looks with the mic once I get it built up.

Does anyone have a recommendation for where to buy a nice quality tube?

78525F97-4DFD-4FF4-A849-91DE05099ADE_1_105_c.jpegCAA6A2CC-2765-44C0-BF83-1EE4DACCD74A_1_105_c.jpeg91658BC7-F566-48BD-ACA5-ECF42F9AE028_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have kind of half assed my way through this build, and have done ok so far. I’m still learning the ropes obviously, but I did run into an issue. How do I wire my M7 capsule? I’ve been through the thread and it isn’t specifically mentioned. My Thiersch capsule has three wires, so where does each wire go? There are two small solder points at the top of the PCB where I thought they should go, but since the back plate is labeled, I feel like one should go there. Please send help, thank you in advance.

That’s the photo in the first page of this thread which shows you. There are on the capsule two wires that connect to the diaphragms and one which connects to the mount (on the theirsch capsules - that I have anyway) the mount wire is backplate - connect the diaphragms as front and back depending on how you orientate it in the microphone.

Whilst soldering I usually cover the capsule with something (clean plastic etc) to stop solder spitting near it.

I also where vinyl gloves (ones without powder in..)

Hope that helps
A68051ED-BE9C-48BD-BD07-F84D9E5FBC6E.png

Ok, I got everything setup and ready to test, so I powered it on. No explosion, so it was great. I checked my H+, great. Checked B+, and it’s 200v… 😳 what did I do wrong!? Also, can this voltage hurt the capsule? I’m in the US, so I’m on 120v mains. Also, just to make sure I’m testing correctly, I have a lead from my DMM clamped to the ground on the IEC. Then I’m using, what I assume are test points, on the PCB labeled “H+” and “B+” to measure the values. In DC on the DMM. Is this correct? Where can I start? Should I throw up?

I had the mic plugged in when I was trying to setup the values. The 200v was with the mic load
Worth checking for dry solder joints on the PSU, there are points where the voltage is dropped but if they’re not quite connected it will stay high

Then review your transformer wiring and drop resistor.
Ok with everything plugged in, I get 360V at R1 and then 260v at R3. From the transformer, I have the yellow and black going to the 230v section, the blue and violet tied together at the hot side of my switch and the orange and red are soldered together and set aside. I used the drawing at the beginning of the thread for my wiring. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_6795.jpeg
    IMG_6795.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6796.jpeg
    IMG_6796.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Any thoughts?
Don't take offense, but what you're doing is too dangerous. You have no idea what you're doing and you're fiddling around with things that could easily kill you.

That's why no one likes to help you kill yourself, the danger is totally real.

Don't you know anyone you can at least do the power supply with? You could learn and then do it yourself later on. This is really too dangerous, your mains connection knows no mercy and even if you don't get a direct electric shock, you can put yourself and your family/friends in real danger later with a faulty power supply--> fire hazard!

Don't get me wrong, but the questions you're asking clearly show that you're beyond your capabilities and it's just too dangerous for that here. Seek help locally...

Latest posts

Back