DAW : went to reaper, no regrets

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axelerator

Hi, just a short hint :
i went from samplitude to reaper because of the upgrade policy... 
had some mixed feelings before and can say no regrets.
learning another daw is always a pita but the transition went very smooth. certainly i miss the oject oriented way samp .
has but i can simulate that with more tracks as anybody else do.

very interesting for me was to see that midi clocking of reaper is spot on when clocked by my external gear.
i never got anything as tight with samp, which is  now a big time saver for me.

i payed 69 euro and getting free updates every two weeks....

I were very frustrated because i payed more than  **** euros for samp. and updates over the years
I needed a 64 bit version and should pay now *** euro  for the  update  in which was the plugin -suite not more included so another ***) wtf 

..oh wow just looked at the Website and see a major price drop for all samp. versions and upgrades.. i think lession learned.
much cheaper..............
but sorry.. will not change again now. Lost me.

If you make major bucks with your music its a no brainer, use what fits your way of working best.
but for  the small studio and hobby ..
just saying

I must admit, you'll get a very versatile DAW for little money with reaper. But there is one thing that i don't like - it has a very ugly interface. And since i work a lot with music software i want to look at something admirable  :p

How is it with mastering and burning CD´s in Reaper?
I realy enjoy the Samplitude options to burn CD´s straight out off anything I currently have on the "desk".

Also very wary about Samp's update/upgrade policy, and the bugs that are unsolved after years. :mad:
So I stick to v12.1.
Does Reaper offer the same cleaning/mastering possibilities? I use extensively Spectral cleaning, Denoiser, and Volume control.
I have ruled out Studio One because it doesn't have such facilities.

No, there is a list of maybe 60 plugins included, but i had no Chance to try a lot of them.
no cleaning etc. for what i see..

But maybe you can run the restoration Suite under reaper ?..
you had to pay seperatly for it and i remember the fx Suite had vst-versions ?(did not have the restoration Suite)

Axelerator said:
No, there is a list of maybe 60 plugins included, but i had no Chance to try a lot of them.
no cleaning etc. for what i see..

But maybe you can run the restoration Suite under reaper ?..
you had to pay seperatly for it and i remember the fx Suite had vst-versions ?(did not have the restoration Suite)
No. At the time (2007) there were two different versions, one without  and the other with the Restoration. No independant VST plug-ins.

Back