Deaths from climate change

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/3 of Florida is expected to be developed by 2070...others say 17% by 2070....

That seems a luxury to where I am. Over here we're already over 50%. Luckily, the local population is going down, but that's easily compensated by immigration...

Anarchism: a political theory holding all forms of governmental authority to be unnecessary and undesirable and advocating a society based on voluntary cooperation and free association of individuals and groups.

That's the narrow definition. The ideal idea. For me, it's about base democracy, where every area chooses it's local leaders and the choose to cooperate with other areas, or not.

I guess as far as religious intrusion into government he is. I don't know more about him except that he is the dead president's son.

He's new to me. I tend to ignore people who are anti anything.

I myself would be an anarchist if there wasn't such a preponderance of evil imbeciles in the population, making civilized anarchy impossible. My next choice would be a benevolent monarchy, but again highly unlikely to occur, so social democracy is my fall-back. Religion (magical thinking) has no part in government, but that's just my opinion and not worth arguing about here.

Ah, my biggest concern with monarchy would be that it's completely inhumane for the people in the royal family. They have no real life, despite having privileges. Anyone who's ever been close to a monarchy will probably agree to that. It's especially hard on the youth. Imagine having at least two wardens around, 24 hours a day, every day. There's also a lack of privacy. And a lack of choice in life.

I said a benevolent monarchy was highly unlikely, leaving open the infinitesimal possibility that a singular humane person could assume power. Although not very powerful, and likely with skeletons in the closet I'm unaware of, Elizabeth II seemed to approach it.

www said:
"Denying the existence of climate change or the factors that contribute to it," TikTok says, will result in user videos being "fact checked" by biased organizations whose job it is to push the official narrative about a warming planet and the "need" to deindustrialize it.

It looks like tik tok is putting their thumb on the scale to suppress scientific debate.

JR

It looks like tik tok is putting their thumb on the scale to suppress scientific debate.

JR

It's mostly to suppress political debate, of course, but since everything is politic...

The Chinese CP is afraid of their people. And of the internet. Hype is too easy. A revolution can be started in minutes. Just look at what the Budweiser ad did. How much have the shares sunk by this mistake?

Unrelated, but interesting. India has just surpassed China when it comes to number of inhabitants. The political climate is ripe for revolution, due to rampant corruption and a number of aggressive religions. The next area to explode?

The irony of a Chinese company preaching about climate, a country which basically doesn't give a crap about climate policy

They can't preach about politics. So it's the next best thing, maybe?
Besides, the CP does care about climate. They risk losing a serious part of their city population to smog and a serious part of agriculture to drought. I don't think they've missed that.

One famine will mean the end of the CP. I fear whatever will replace it.

link said:
Nieboer draws attention to a remark Professor Schneider made later in life when he warned of “disastrous climate change”, and said scientists have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts they might have. “Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest,” he suggested.
The right balance is to speak truth.....

follow-the-science.jpg

JR

Last edited:
why did you chop Trump's head off?
I didn't and I can't read minds, but it seems logical that the cartoonist is accusing all politicians of abusing the overused "trust science" call to authority.
===
Talking about climate silliness. Secretary Granholm called for 100% electrification of all military vehicles by 2030... I guess that means they can only wage warare where they have adequate charging stations.

JR

PS: Wealthy tech industry billionaires are investing in Fusion power energy generation.

Back