Divine intervention

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I am wondering about this.

Out all week at a church doing audio upgrades.
Every screw I dropped today, not many but about 4-5 or so, I found right away. No bouncing off into the wild, no falling inside the desk where it can’t be found.
As the old saying goes, the lord works in mysterious ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is funny how we notice these things. At my old work table I used to drop little M3 washers and machine screws, resistors, whatever, and they would never be easily found (they would bounce off with a life of their own). I recently moved my old work table aside to make room for a work bench (actually a woodworking bench) that was my father's (he built it). Ever since, for some strange reason, I have noticed that everything I drop has been locatable near my feet. Weird.

It is funny how we notice these things. At my old work table I used to drop little M3 washers and machine screws, resistors, whatever, and they would never be easily found (they would bounce off with a life of their own). I recently moved my old work table aside to make room for a work bench (actually a woodworking bench) that was my father's (he built it). Ever since, for some strange reason, I have noticed that everything I drop has been locatable near my feet. Weird.
My old shop space, dropping screws, washers or nuts, sent them to same place where missing socks go. They were never to be seen again.

at an old tech job, we had lots of soundcraft ghosts and mackies that needed servicing. If I ever ran into a screw that was starting to strip at the screw head, I would think to myself that it’s coming out east and it would. Can’t explain why other then energy follows thought.

A couple of days ago I was idly thinking about the development of ritual and incantations in human society and the possible relationship with repetition. I mean, repeating and counting things makes it good. Here is a trite example, I whip my creamed potatoes with at least 100 turns, always (actually I do 25 lots of 4 - I am a musician first, 1, 2, 3, 4, 2 ,2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 3, 4...). Makes it good.

A couple of days ago I was idly thinking about the development of ritual and incantations in human society and the possible relationship with repetition. I mean, repeating and counting things makes it good. Here is a trite example, I whip my creamed potatoes with at least 100 turns, always (actually I do 25 lots of 4 - I am a musician first, 1, 2, 3, 4, 2 ,2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 3, 4...). Makes it good.
Is that what makes them creamy or is it ocd? If it’s the latter I am not making fun, just curious. If it’s the former, might build up my muscles.

Subtle combination of ocd and arcane knowledge. I know that if I make 100 rotations the potatoes will be good. It might perhaps be overkill.

The arm does indeed get quite tired. I have broken a few whisks (the more expensive ones with wooden handles). The cheap ones with wound wire handles seem to last longer. Potatoes whisked with Grana Padano (or Reggiano), cream, butter and I like Agria potatoes. Add steak and red wine jus.

I made a gigantic bowl of Polish style potatoe salad yesterday , new baby spuds(skin on) , spring onions , salt/pepper , fried bacon bits ,mayo, thyme and some wholegrain mustard .
steak,wine and mixed salad leaves with parmigiano shavings and a good ceasar dressing , was a mighty feed .

Latest posts

Back