Diy Parts Supply - 3 rail adjustable psu kits $35 (+/-/48V(or other))

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bryan just sent email IEC, star ground and 4 xlr would be great thanks

Hello, it was mentioned in this white market thread;  http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=40755.0  that you have parts kits that drop right into SB4000 PCBs. Exactly which kits are they? How much are they with shipping to 07407 U.S. ( basically New York City )? Are they in stock?

Got my parts kit last week.  Everything looks great, but I just have a couple questions. 
There are 3 really tiny resistors in the kit, one I measured at 25.5k and two at 200k.  I noticed there were no 1/4w 200k resistors in the kit, so are these replacements for those? 
There were also two much larger 3.92m resistors.  I'm guessing these are perfectly fine to use instead of 1/4w?

Just to verify, your meter is 1mA, so there's no need for R111 (300R) right?  Does that have to be jumpered or just left out?
Thanks!

25k5 is superfluous, they are indeed 1/4 watt resistors (so the 200k are good), yes the 3m92's are fine, they are 1/2 watt. Yes, the meter resistor gets left empty with a 1mA meter.

Cheers

Oh they are 1/4w? Good to know.  I naturally assumed since those 3 were smaller than all the other resistors they must have a smaller rating like 1/8w or something.
Thanks for the info!

Ptownkid,
I just sent an email to the gmail address with a couple questions (probably stupid)
You and Ruckus have put something awesome together here and I was waiting for this kit for years now. Great to come back to the forum and see this!!

Hey Ptownkid, any chance you'd happen to have an extra THAT 2181A I could buy off you?  I was done soldering all the components on my board except for one final 2181A, and what do I do?  I install it backwards...  Fought with it for half an hour but couldn't get it out, so I gave up and snapped it off the board.  ~!@#$%

On second thought, don't worry about it.  I just ordered two 2181A's through Newark along with a bunch of other random junk I've been needing (extra weller tips, sponge, etc...)  Leave it to me to destroy the $11 component on the board! Couldn't have been a capacitor...noooo.

Hey minor,

How is it going?  :)

Why don't you use sockets for the VCAs?
Regular SIL sockets oughtta do.  Sayal's got them IIRC.

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Mike, it's going good. Although I still seem to be finding new and interesting ways to screw things up!
I noticed the 4 extra sil sockets in the kit AFTER soldering the chips in place... I'm a genious like that.

Back