Diy Parts Supply - 3 rail adjustable psu kits $35 (+/-/48V(or other))

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Im going to be putting together my second 4000 soon, was wondering if I could get a case from you with just the IEC punched out?

paypalled for whole enchilada. So the chassis will ship with the meter and parts yes?
Thank you.

I have a silly suggestion for future parts orders... perhaps find a "less bright" pair of buttons for the bypass and the turbo mode... those things are blinding! lol  (and seriously, thats my ONLY 'complaint'  everything in the kit was perfect!!! great job! should be starting my second one this week... my family ordered another kit for my bday! :)
)

sr1200 said:
I have a silly suggestion for future parts orders... perhaps find a "less bright" pair of buttons for the bypass and the turbo mode... those things are blinding! lol  (and seriously, thats my ONLY 'complaint'  everything in the kit was perfect!!! great job! should be starting my second one this week... my family ordered another kit for my bday! :)
)

Increase the dropping resistor values for the LED's, they will pull less current and won't be as bright.  They're set for 1K, try replacing with a 1K5 or just add a 500R in series with the existing 1K.  If it's still too bright, try 2K instead.

Increase the dropping resistor values for the LED's, they will pull less current and won't be as bright.  They're set for 1K, try replacing with a 1K5 or just add a 500R in series with the existing 1K.  If it's still too bright, try 2K instead.

Ill have to look for those :) thanks!

Hey Bryan,

Just a quick question about some parts in the SB4k kit:

I initially thought that I had received a couple extra resistors since there were some values left over that were not in the BOM... Are these for the "pre-trimmed" tweaker-pot locations on the PCB instead of using tweaker pots? There is a footprint in those locations for either a resistor or a pot.

If that is the case it also appears that I may be missing a 20k tweaker-pot. I had a 20k included in one of my baggies along with all the others, but one set did not include a 20k. Just wondering if you have a part # for that particular item since I need to order a handful of mouser or digikey parts anyway. Please don't worry about sending a 20k since it would hardly be worth the postage. I'll probably go ahead and order the other pots instead of populating the pre-trimmed positions with fixed values but wanted to make sure that you designed the kit with resistors in mind for those positions... Just to have more calibration flexibility without needing to de-solder anything later.

Ok. Still assembling during spare time. May have more questions later.

Thanks man!
-jb

Mike came to the conclusion that there was no need to use trimmers where he assigned fixed values, so yes, those are to be populated with fixed resistors. There may be a few extra resistors, that are either mistakes or not needed at all. Just follow the posted BOM and board/schematic.

As for the 20k, 652-3306F-1-203 (mouser) or 3306F-203-ND (digikey) or any other that fits the footprint will do. Sorry about the missing pot, there were a small mountain of parts to sort and it's easy to make a few small mistakes.

I made the mistake of having a friend help me out when i was swamped and the package labels got all screwed up in multiple ways on some recent shipments. I spent all last night sorting it all out and correcting the mistakes and everyone's shipments will be leaving today with the exception of those who ordered chassis. The good news on that front is that UPS is delivering the chassis today so they all should ship tomorrow.

Cheers

Parts and meters arrived safely! Looks like a lot of effort went into it. Thanks!

ripgtr said:
Any word on the chassis?
Did you finally get them?
Parts were received yesterday. I just opened the box real quick, didn't get a chance to go through everything, but it looks good. Thank you.

Back