Do not talk to the sound person

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRR

h08E85F23

AaahaAaahahaha nice! I cant stand it when someone from the crowd tells me to turn something or someone up or down. A friend of mine tought me an old trick, when somebody bothers him at the board, he will reach for a channel that is not in use, and play with the knobs as though Hes doing what they ask. The sad thing is, is that it has worked for me everytime i have tried it.

Volume11 said:
AaahaAaahahaha nice! I cant stand it when someone from the crowd tells me to turn something or someone up or down. A friend of mine tought me an old trick, when somebody bothers him at the board, he will reach for a channel that is not in use, and play with the knobs as though Hes doing what they ask. The sad thing is, is that it has worked for me everytime i have tried it.

HA HA.. NICE ;D ;D ;D

This does work every time it's tried !! :)

In Cleveland this is called the Hilda Roller treatment.... long story ! 8)

GARY

gemini86 said:
"I've been running the sound for my church's band for over 3 months, so let me tell you what you're doing wrong here."
This was a great way to start the morning. ;D 
I used to do live sound for a great band that did posh wedding receptions.  Free beer and it paid well, but everyone and their drunk mother had something to say.  I didn't mind that as much as when people took the initiative to TOUCH THE CONSOLE and start twiddling away! ::)

Rochey said:
Can't help wonder if these people would dream of going into a restaurant kitchen and adding salt.

There are several variations on a common come-back, but the least profane is:

"Do you want me to come to your workplace and tell you how to flip burgers?"

Alternately, when someone comes up to me at mix position and offers a suggestion, if it's not a busy time during a song (like a measure before the guitar solo), I'll step back and gesture to the helpful person, "Here ... you do it." Nobody has ever taken me up on my offer.

-a

I usually ask for a phone number, so I can give it to the band, and end the talk saying "glad you'll be on the next tour, less work for me.".
The "turning a useless pot" on the mixing desk works every time.

I saw a guy with a great t shirt once.
It was something with all the topics on it:
I´m not the one who controls the volume
I don´t know what time the concert starts
I don´t know who plays tonight
... I can´t remember all but I always wanted one for me :)

Back