Eagle Panelize PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForthMonkey

How can i panelize PCB?

I have project with 10x5 cm PCB but i want to fit it into 10x10 cm PCB.So i will get 2 PCB from one panel but to produce this PCB they want panelized PCB. V type cutting lines but i don't know how to do it.Can someone help me for this?

Thanks.

You can use gerbmerge which is a python utility that you can use to merge several (or here the twice the same) gerber in a panelized one.

You can open JUST the board file in EAGLE, then do a copy and paste of the whole board to make Gerbers from.  This has 2 problems:  1. Your schematic and board will no longer be consistent, and 2. The part numbers on the "second" board will not be the same as the first. 
You can fix 1 by copying the schematic after you copy the board, and fixing the errors that are generated.
You can fix 2 by NOT using the EAGLE Name layer for your Gerbers, but using another layer (like #49, reference) in which you have entered your part numbers, which does not have to adhere to the  Name layer rule of no duplicates.
I'm sure there must be other methods............
Best,
Bruno2000

bruno2000 said:
You can open JUST the board file in EAGLE, then do a copy and paste of the whole board to make Gerbers from.  This has 2 problems:  1. Your schematic and board will no longer be consistent, and 2. The part numbers on the "second" board will not be the same as the first. 
You can fix 1 by copying the schematic after you copy the board, and fixing the errors that are generated.
You can fix 2 by NOT using the EAGLE Name layer for your Gerbers, but using another layer (like #49, reference) in which you have entered your part numbers, which does not have to adhere to the  Name layer rule of no duplicates.
Best,
Bruno2000

I've copied .brd and now i can make copy/past.I put two board together but i can't make "v cut" to cut them.I guess your method not create cutting lines.

ForthMonkey said:
bruno2000 said:
Best,
Bruno2000

I've copied .brd and now i can make copy/past.I put two board together but i can't make "v cut" to cut them.I guess your method not create cutting lines.

Just put a dimension line (layer 20) between the 2 "panels".  Most board houses know what to do with that.
Best,
Bruno2000

You need more information:

1) What is the gap between panels the board house requires?
2) How do they want you to specify where the Vscore will be located (what layers, etc)?

Typically if you have some kind of "outside dimension layer" (with Eagle it's layer 20), the Vscoring is obvious.

bruno2000 said:
ForthMonkey said:
bruno2000 said:
Best,
Bruno2000

Just put a dimension line (layer 20) between the 2 "panels".  Most board houses know what to do with that.
Best,
Bruno2000

Tried this but they said "you have to panelize board".

Matador said:
You need more information:

1) What is the gap between panels the board house requires?
2) How do they want you to specify where the Vscore will be located (what layers, etc)?

Typically if you have some kind of "outside dimension layer" (with Eagle it's layer 20), the Vscoring is obvious.

1&2)No specific info.

They say "panelize your board".No any other info.

How to use Vscore?

ForthMonkey said:
CurtZHP said:
ForthMonkey said:
CurtZHP said:
Who is "they?"  The board manufacturer?

Yes,it is.

Have you ever tried making your own?  MG Chemicals has some pretty easy to use stuff.

I need 20 pieces and double sided.PCB houses cheaper for me.

Ah!  That changes everything.  I assumed this was just a one-off.

Gerbmerge is great. I seem to remember a couple of tricky steps--at least for someone with no Python experience--both on install and to get it to play nice with the latest Eagle Gerber format, but I wrote myself a little supplementary documentation that I could share if that would help. Are you on a Mac or PC?

Dylan W said:
Gerbmerge is great. I seem to remember a couple of tricky steps--at least for someone with no Python experience--both on install and to get it to play nice with the latest Eagle Gerber format, but I wrote myself a little supplementary documentation that I could share if that would help. Are you on a Mac or PC?

I'm on PC.Even i don't download it :D

By the way i guess i found solution.Used 46 & 50 layers.

Like this...

http://support.iteadstudio.com/support/solutions/articles/1000160585-pcb-panelization-rules

This is strange as the PCB board house usually handles the panelization, it is a rather standard thing for them to do. Usually you just give them your Gerber files and a cad drawing showing how you want it done.

Is there another PCB place you can try?

Panelization and v-scoring are two different concepts.  Panelization is combining multiple copies/designs into a single "board" (with space between projects).  V-scoring is a method of breaking apart the individual boards (performed by a specialized saw).  V-scoring generally requires that all boards are the same size, and have separations that line up in the X and Y axises.

First off, if you only have one design, you should be able to submit just the gerbers and ask for a quantity.  Making two identical board copies and asking for half isn't adding anything.

At minimum, they have to tell you the board separation (40-60 mils is typical), and the overall panel size they can deal with.

john12ax7 said:
This is strange as the PCB board house usually handles the panelization, it is a rather standard thing for them to do. Usually you just give them your Gerber files and a cad drawing showing how you want it done.

Is there another PCB place you can try?

I'm not working with itead.But i found info about it.

Matador said:
Panelization and v-scoring are two different concepts.  Panelization is combining multiple copies/designs into a single "board" (with space between projects).  V-scoring is a method of breaking apart the individual boards (performed by a specialized saw).  V-scoring generally requires that all boards are the same size, and have separations that line up in the X and Y axises.

First off, if you only have one design, you should be able to submit just the gerbers and ask for a quantity.  Making two identical board copies and asking for half isn't adding anything.

At minimum, they have to tell you the board separation (40-60 mils is typical), and the overall panel size they can deal with.

Yes.I guess they are different.I didn't understand.But for now i need two boards into one board.

I sent my new gerber to pcb house.I will see it's ok or not.

Latest posts

Back