Edcor custom xfmrs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewYorkDave

I just received a quote from Edcor for two WSM-type custom jobs, 10K:100K and 2400:600. They quoted me $15 each. While this is still very reasonable, I seem to recall others here saying that they've bought customs at the same price as the regular production models (~ $8). Am I remembering it wrong?

hey dave, I ordered some custom wound wsm's a month ago. And the price was $8 per, but there was a $80 minimum order. I only needed 6 units so they let a few 600:600 count toward the minimum limit.

-Jeff

from NYD:
I just received a quote from Edcor for two WSM-type custom jobs, 10K:100K and 2400:600.

and from Rafafredd in http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=2909:

try a 5k:20k on the input and a 2k4:600 at the output. Just contact EDCOR. They does custom jobs at no extra cost.

I'd be interested in 2400:600 as well, for say 2 to 4 pieces, so if more people happen to need these...
I'm in Europe though.

Bye,

Peter

Maybe they meant that they don't charge a design or setup fee. At any rate, $15 is still pretty cheap even though it's almost twice the price.

As for the 2400:600 xfmrs, you guys might want to wait a while until I can order them and test.

exactly they don't charge a design or setup fee. They didnt offer me the $15 per unit price. But If you need 10 WSM custom transformers or more they will do the $8 price.. or at least a month ago the offer was on the table.

:grin:

Back