Elab LA2A - Build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rufus said:
I am posting my here to see if someone could help me to bring my Elab La2A kit to life....  every time I turn on the compressor the fuse blow up; I had unplugged the secondaries connection and I even rebuild  the primaries connection out of the box dutch taped the secondaries , and the fuse in the IEC keeps blowing up?  - before paying a professional to check my connections could some one please help me? ...

DO you have a data sheet for the transformer ?  I'm looking at your drawing & looking at the 2 red wires going to the switch it could  be that you have a secondary shorted by doing this, although without the data sheet it is difficult to know.  Please post the data sheet.

this is all info I could gather from the Antek section (see attached file)...

Attachments

• antek-05t240-50va 240v transformer.png
    antek-05t240-50va 240v transformer.png
    458.2 KB · Views: 17
Adam thanks for the information, I will try them out (1A slow blow fuse (as listed in the Opto 6 BoM). I hope this solve my issue, you rock!!!!

Rufus - I had the same problem with the Antek 05T-240 transformer. On the workbench, not connected to anything on the secondaries, it kept blowing the 400mA fuse. I switched to a 1A slow blow (Digikey 507-1246-ND) and the problem was solved. I have not completed my main board yet, so I don't know for sure. I think it has a larger inrush current spike than expected for a 50VA transformer.

I think there is an error in the build doc. On page 14, you mention that C14 is used to boost the high frequency to compensate for the loss of the original transformers, but the photo below shows the IC socket in the C4 position, not in the C14 position. On the 1968 schematic, it looks like this compensation capacitor is also called C4.

Attachments

• C4 socket.png
    C4 socket.png
    732.2 KB · Views: 18
Hello everyone, i am trying to contact by mail and mesenger to get 2 pcb LA-2A.
I still haven't received any reply after 3 months.
Can anyone help me or give me some information?
Thank you.
Regards

Latest posts

Back