Elusive DOD Compressor/Gate Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaztech

Hi guys,

Here's one for you...

I have a couple of old DOD 844 Series II Quad gates.

One is ok and the other is faulty. I've spent some time on the faulty one and due to the fact that there is a lot of DC control circuitry around each gate it's proving to be a real pig to diagnose without any schematic information. I've looked absolutely everywhere for diagrams for this unit and come up with a complete blank.

Does anyone have schematics for this thing? If you do, could you please post them here?

Actually I don't hold out much hope that anyone will have the schematic. I've exhausted all my usual "go to" places to find it!

Anyone?

Never seen that unit or schematic before, but if you can't find it start by measuring the voltage rails, as you have a good unit you can easily compare the voltage values.

Hmm... Solved the problem - but it''s not what I would have thought.

There are 4 separate gates on this unit so four separate sets of controls. I found that the wipers on ALL of the attenuator pots were broken off. A very unusual fault anyway - but the same fault on all FOUR channels?? !!

I guess it must have been a bad batch of pots.

Ah well... onwards and upwards.... I thought I'd post it here to help other that maybe have the same issues.

Back