EMI RS124

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's two taps for the heater, for some reason. But yeah, that's more wiring for sure... still on the lookout for the perfect power transformer... The toroidal from Tube Town is cheap and powerful enough for sure ... but a 180V must exist somewhere :)
Hiwatt transformer are often 178V, but they are more expensive.

The toroidal from Tube Town is cheap and powerful enough for sure ... but a 180V must exist somewhere :)
I cannibalize (tube) tape recorders for this purpose. Some Grundig TK models are in the right range depending on the load. I am preparing an additional RC-filter stage on my PCB so that different transformers can be adapted.

The 180V secondary is spot on. I'd prefer doing without a dropper resistor
Me too. You can of course adjust B+, but I am also interested in the "original" voltage to compare everything that follows with this reference. The closer you get to it, the closer you are to the original design.

I have done it myself as well, but please do not exaggerate with cannibalizing, they are sometimes just too neat for it - or there must be some broken zamac in it or something ;-)
No, I'm not overdoing it with the cannibalization of such devices. I only take them from the recycling yard, usually with significant casing defects. I have four of them in the cellar in excellent working condition, otherwise there are very many of these in defective or poor condition. I think it's better to give such devices a new life, at least in parts, and I believe in upcycling and prefer it over a thermal "treatment".

I try really hard to make the right decisions here, but I can also understand if someone sees it differently.

No, I'm not overdoing it with the cannibalization of such devices. I only take them from the recycling yard, usually with significant casing defects. I have four of them in the cellar in excellent working condition, otherwise there are very many of these in defective or poor condition. I think it's better to give such devices a new life, at least in parts, and I believe in upcycling and prefer it over a thermal "treatment".

I try really hard to make the right decisions here, but I can also understand if someone sees it differently.
I did expect that you are quite careful. But we all know that there are others that do it... differently....

I did expect that you are quite careful. But we all know that there are others that do it... differently....
I still don't quite understand what you want from me and what this has to do with the topic of the thread?

Let's get back to talking about the actual topic.

I managed to find some 110v bayonet fitting neons on ebay which work great & are easy to replace if one dies on me.
I like the idea of making the neon lamp socketed. I don't have any Bayonet sockets but I do have some solder-able E12 sockets.

There are suitable 110V glow lamps on ebay that should also work?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/13418509388...abOHt0UrFHtkZPOAZzWqSW6w==|tkp:Bk9SR_aFsb7kYw

Hey guys, I think there were gutshots of original RS124s in this thread? Could it be that they were deleted (by Winston?) Does anyone still have them on their hard drive and would post them or send them to me via PM? That would be super nice, I'm interested in the build and component selection.

Latest posts

Back