EMI RS124

Help Support GroupDIY:

Winston OBoogie

Here's one pdf I found of a batch of panels I did, looks like this pdf came out actual size so it's split over 2 pages:

Attachments

• RS124_ENGRAVING_RevD.pdf
    16.8 KB · Views: 56

Winston OBoogie

Before I found a place to engrave steel properly (or like when the place in L.A. f'ed up 3 panels), I did a few with just a flat Front Panel Express panel.  Not perfect as there's a gap when you close it up, but better than nothing.  Some were painted, but some were just anodized grey.  PDF of that:

Attachments

• FrontDesign - Mockup RS124.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 52

Winston OBoogie

Another PDF for a batch of 10 old steel panels to be engraved.  Thats probably enough examples for now. 

P.S. Doug, I don't remember doing any 1965 serial no. units.  Which doesn't mean they aren't mine as memory is sketchy, but the ones you saw might be from another guy who started doing them after I stopped.  Dunno?

Attachments

• RS124 ENGRAVING RevB Line Eval.pdf
    69.1 KB · Views: 46

Winston OBoogie

Last post until something better comes along. 
For the guys in North America who want or need good work with real old fashioned pantograph engraving on steel rather than on aluminum, then the company in Canada I used was called Poltec.  Yes, Poltec.

Email is or was: [email protected] and you send it attn. Craig, if he's still there.

Winston OBoogie

I lied. Another quick post.
Found an old picture with Joe Meek and early versions of the RS124 (looks like he's possibly using 5?), these RS124s look like they're without the "Balance" mod so, they'd be without all the stuff in production modification note 2.

It says RGM studio which was his Holloway Road home studio, but that desk is an Abbey Road REDD.37 so it's @ Abbey Road.  Maybe around 1962/1963? but I'm not an expert on Meek stuff.

Attachments

• Meek RS124s.jpg
    Meek RS124s.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 49

letterbeacon

I've nothing to add except to say thank you, Winston, for all the knowledge you're sharing in this thread and all the others on this forum.

Have a great weekend!

Latest posts