Experimental compressor design with knee distortion.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slow Piano shows it up grossly without zero crossing, when the volume slides.

Thor
I believe that, lots of LF content from piano including thumps from sound board and key bed.

I was designing an automatic mixer for riding gain between multiple speech channels so the speech was percussive enough to conceal any zipper noise from the gain quantization.

I apologize for both off topic veers... back to your regularly scheduled thread. ;)

JR

I believe that, lots of LF content from piano including thumps from sound board and key bed.

I was designing an automatic mixer for riding gain between multiple speech channels so the speech was percussive enough to conceal any zipper noise from the gain quantization.

I apologize for both off topic veers... back to your regularly scheduled thread. ;)

It's all good.

BTW, a hint. Many smaller churches feature a piano (often a real one) on one of these mic channels and they love automatic mixers.

And Hymn's sung in Church are rarely played Ragtime, outside New Orleans.

Thor

It's all good.

BTW, a hint. Many smaller churches feature a piano (often a real one) on one of these mic channels and they love automatic mixers.

And Hymn's sung in Church are rarely played Ragtime, outside New Orleans.

Thor
All of the automatic mixers that Peavey sells to small churches use gain control based on old school analog VCAs to manage gain. One of my sundry patents while at Peavey was for an improved automatic mixer channel priority control (US05652800 Roberts 07/29/1997 Automatic mixer priority circuit).

Thanks for the advice about churches ;).

[edit- for today's TMI back in the day I designed a dedicated inexpensive 4 input automatic mixer (Peavey's AM4) targeting the small church market. A common problem was a preacher on a wireless mic wandering around the stage, and then walking up to the podium mic. Comb filtering between the two open mics was a common problem. If the podium and wireless mics were instead fed into the AM-4 with the wireless mic getting priority, it would duck the podium mic enough to reduce the depth of combing. [/edit]
hqpogjeewikhan5e6pxf.jpg

JR

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back