experimenting with mic circuits ......advice needed....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Want to try some simple cardiod tube mic circuits iv found here and around the web,I have a nice Vin67 Violet lollypop mic head, its meant to be like a U67 i dont want to damage it so I want to experiment using an electret capsule from a AKG solid tube

Qestions

will I hurt to electret capsule doing this ? ......i once made a Sony C37 circuit & it worked fine in that...tho a G7 didnt ( but was unsure how to wire that at the time)

if it does work it may not be prove that a non electret capsule will work in same circuit

Any suggestions for cheap fun capsules or mics to rip apart for experiments

As I said I have my Vin67 lollipop I have a C12 circuit with real T14 tran & a Ela 251 circuit with real T14 now I want to make another circuit to plug the lolly onto, I have some transfomers to try too

any thoughts would be great .......thanks.

You can test with any condenser capsule (electret or true condenser), but it might not be worth the effort if that capsule doesn't sound good.

Hi Roda yeah just wanted to use electret to test until I get other goodish capsule or use the circuit I make with the lolly I have

thanks

Latest posts

Back