EZ1084EQ NEW BATCH COMING - SEE MY MARCH 27 COMMENT ON PAGE 38

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all get caught up with so many project it gets crazy. Its addictive to all of us. I have 2 PICO and 2 silentarts LA2A (that's 4 LA2A) sitting there doing nothing!

As for the switches, inductors and XFRs, the Carnhills will probably not benefit from group order but the Grayhills may. One could also get Lorlins for all but the LP filter section which is one of the reason its optional on board.

But its too early to get into that aspect.

Jim

kazper said:
Bluzzi said:
Knarleybass said:
man, I swore I would not take on any new projects, but now this comes along.

Happens to me all year long too! Sometimes I curse the day I found this place. ;)

Jim

Don't take this the wrong way but I love the project and layout looks great, hate that it's another project to add to the list.. Speaking of which need to get off my arse and go finish some more of them :)

BTW I'll take 2 and a order of switches and Iron to complete it

Yay this looks fab. Congratulations on completing the layout. I'll take 8 PCBs when they become available.

great! i have a pair of ez 1290's with iron that are almost done. i think im going to wait and add these two boards in!!

Exciting project... glad you went 1084 instead of 1073. I'd rather have more options and besides, most of my clients would have no idea what the difference is. I find more often than not they are impressed more by pretty colors, buttons, and the sounds coming from the speakers than anything else (though this experience does vary). Thank you Bluzzi and 3nity. Very much :thumb: to you. I'll definitely be down for enough boards to keep me busier than I'll ever have the time for.

I am working with someone that will provide custom cases. The layout needed some tweaking to make some components fit on front panel. I am waiting for approval to continue as I may remove some width from the entire layout. This will make even more room and should lower cost a bit.

It still needs to be prototyped after that. Cost for prototype PCB so far....over $200.00!

Jim

Hi Guys!
Nice job here, I'm very interested in put some of these boards on my dual EZ1290!!!!
Nice work Jim! looking forward to see all this working :)
Cheers,

Eddie :)

'been slow for sure but had to take care of life. The layout has been slightly modified from the one displayed previously and I am now just verifying the schematics for any errors. Found 2 (minor oversights only) so far and they have been corrected. Then I can order a prototype PCB (very expensive for this size PCB).

So its very close to finished but remember it will not be released until I get a fully working prototype made.
Start saving your pennies and hang in there. I promise it will get finished.

Thanks also to all that have sent private messages of encouragement. Every little bit helps.

Jim

Back