Feeler: A “Pod” of Pultecs… ezP-1A, ezMEQ5 and ezHLF-3 for Christmas

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slenderchap said:
The ezHLF3 will be first.... should have the rev2 PCB ready for Gustav in a couple of days.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Are these going to be available through Gustav or via someone or somewhere else?

aldaraia said:
Slenderchap said:
The ezHLF3 will be first.... should have the rev2 PCB ready for Gustav in a couple of days.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Are these going to be available through Gustav or via someone or somewhere else?

My guess would be Colin's site. Click the link below his name, if you haven't already been there.

The plan is for Gustav to sell the PCB's.... some of the parts will be available from AML.

The ezHLF3 info has just been sent to Gustav.... I expect that he will probably want to make one for testing before they are released publically..... takes a few weeks.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Just a quick post on Colin's behalf - he's paperwork busy!

Colin took the pod along with me to my friends mastering suite - pobaudio - a great facility but more importantly - a very good set of ears!
pob has used various remakes as well as a few originals and it didn't take him long to confirm the pod is up there!
Colin then kindly offered them to me to play but i had to resist! - i want to make some money so i can have a set of my own as soon as the kits come online.
I think most of you will want these 3 "p"s in a pod - no - skip that! - you'll want 6 "p"s in a big pod for that lovely stereophonic beauty!!

I'd like to have one channel, maybe two depending on price. Can these btw be fit in smaller boxes as they are now? (thinking of 2he for eqp1a and meq5 and 1he for the hi lo boost...)

btw, great looking project!  8)

Yes....

The second revision of the filter was done weeks ago and sent to Gustav, but I am yet to receive a sample PCB. If it is not here next week I'll just get one locally.

The second revision of the ezP-1A is currently part built and waiting for transformers and inductors (which will be here today).... I ditched the original power supply design in favor of something modern to see how quiet it would be....

The ezMEQ5 will procede after I have settled on the ezP-1A power supply design... and I may in fact just use the entire amplifier circuit from the ezP-1A in the ezMEQ5.

We already have the knobs in stock and inductors for the filter... we are slowly accumulating the other parts.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

leadbreath said:
love the inductors for the filter, are these also from carnhill? and will you be stocking them?

The filter inductors are already in stock (just not in the on-line store yet).....

The second revision of the filter is done (and this time I made the box correctly).... the XLR PCB just plugs into the main PCB so there is no wiring.

ezhlf3_inside.jpg

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Back